How to create a mailing list with names of subscribers
To create a mailing list, upload your recipients' list into it.
Uploading a list of recipients with variables to a Mailing List
Recipients list – is a list that includes email addresses of the subscribers alongside with additional details about them.
Variable – is a dynamically changing value, represented by the name of a column of recipients’ list.
Email addresses are uploaded into the mailing lists in "Mailing Lists”
For instance, you have a list, that apart from email addresses contains additional information about your subscribers – such as their first and last names, registration date, type of merchandise they purchased, location, gender, etc.
Log in to your SendPulse account and go to"Mailing Lists" menu
Click “New Mailing List" to create one.
Name it and click "Create"
Now, having Created the list, then add recipients to it.
List of recipients can be uploaded from a file, it can be added manually or it can be imported from a third party CRM system
Let’s upload a list of subscribers from a local file.
Currently, users can edit any subscriber’s details except for the email address, - to do that, email address of recipients must be uploaded to the first column, then phone numbers go to the second one and so on in the order you prefer.
If you put subscribers’ phone numbers in the first column, you won’t be able to edit them (which might become necessary later in case their contact number changes). Note that "Email" and "Phone" columns are active by default and other columns must be named, or they will stay inactive (staying in "Disabled") status.
Let’s give names to columns with additional data – to use the names as variables later.
Names can be selected from the ones suggested by the service, or click "Create Variable" – to give a specific name.
Selecting the type of variables
Type in the variable name and select its type:
- Type String – when data for the variable is in text format (e.g. company name, location and so on)
- Type Number – for numeric values (e.g. amount of emails sent to the subscriber, number or sum of orders placed by the subscriber etc.)
- Type Date – allows picking a date in the calendar (for instance subscription date).
Types of variables in mailing lists allow doing a more customized segmentation of your recipients' lists.
Splitting variables into types help to segment mailing.
For instance, user will be able to send a follow-up email to subscribers in X days after their registration date.
Use Filter to locate the contact:
Set up the filter parameters:
* Boxes Start date and End date are used to select a timespan when the subscriber was added to the mailing list.
* Mailing list will stay inaccessible until the whole list has been uploaded.
* Addresses will have the"New" status – the status will change as soon as the first campaign for the list has passed the moderation.
Other useful articles
- How to send bulk emails without spamming?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to send bulk emails free?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Google Chrome?
- Automatic resend to unreads
Popular in Our Blog
- 5 emails to hapiness
- Pioneers of email marketing
- TOP 5 email marketing books
- What to write in the preheader?
- Mailing to unreads function