Appearing at the top or bottom of your browser's window, push notifications may annoy if accompanied by an alert, and you want to disable them. If you're in ecommerce, they give a good chance to increase sales and create brand awareness for free. Find out more.
Method 1. When you receive a message
- When you see a push notification, click on the right mouse button to open a drop-down menu.
- Click the «Disable notifications» button.
Method 2. Via the notification icon
- If you accumulate unread notifications then a bell appears in the tray. Clicking on it opens the control panel for push notifications.
- You can view all the missed notifications in the panel, put on the «Do not disturb» regime or disable push notifications altogether. It’s enough to uncheck from the sites you don’t want to receive notifications from.
Method 3. Managing notifications in your browser
- Go to the browser menu and choose "Settings".
- Take these next steps: Advanced Settings -> Personal Data -> Content Settings -> Notifications -> Configure Exceptions.
- In the open window, choose the subscription you want to unsubscribe from and delete it.
Web Push is always opt-in in Firefox. A site cannot send you push messages without your permission.
To stop a specific site from sending you push messages:
- Click the Menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go down to the Permissions section and click the Setting button next to Notifications.
- Select the website and click Remove Website:
To stop all sites from sending you push messages, follow the above steps except, instead of selecting a specific site, click Remove All Websites.
Websites will not be able to send you messages and will need to ask your permission to send them in the future.
Should you decide to stop web push notifications when you are on a specific web page, do the following:
Click the Info icon to bring up the Control Center, find the Receive Notifications permission and click the X next to Allowed to remove the permission:
- Open Opera Menu:
- Then click open Settings:
- Here you need to open Websites menu and scroll down to Notifications menu and click Manage Exceptions button:
- You will see to see the sites whose notification permissions you've already Allowed or Denied:
- Select the website on that list, click the X next to Allow to remove it from the list.
- Click Done to save the changes.
Chrome browser on Android devices
- Go to the website you don’t want to receive notifications from.
- Then choose Info:
- Tap Site Settings
- Select Clear & Reset:
Use web push notifications to keep your clients informed about the recent updates, best offers, and new arrivals.
Make sure that you have a permission to send push notifications to the users, otherwise they will be disabled.
Web push notifications in SendPulse
Send unlimited notifications in SendPulse absolutely for free if your database is less than 10,000 subscribers! Personalize and segment the messages for better engagement, launch automated push sending, and run A/B tests to improve campaign performance.
Just add one line of code to the website and enlarge your audience!
Last Updated: 2019-09-19