Web push notifications appear at the top or bottom of your browser’s window, even if you are offline when they are sent. Push notifications may be annoying, especially when accompanied by an alert, so you often want to disable them. If you're in eCommerce, push notifications give you a good chance to increase sales and create brand awareness for free. Find out more.
Method 1. When you receive a message
- When you see a push notification, click on the right mouse button to open a drop-down menu.
- Click the «Disable notifications» button.
Method 2. Via the notification icon
- If you accumulate unread notifications, a bell will appear in the tray. Clicking on it opens the control panel for push notifications.
- You can view all the missed notifications in the panel, turn on the «Do not disturb» feature or disable push notifications altogether. Uncheck the websites that you want to stop receiving notifications from.
Method 3. Managing notifications in your browser
- Go to the browser menu and choose "Settings."
- Take these next steps: Advanced Settings -> Personal Data -> Content Settings -> Notifications -> Configure Exceptions.
- In the open window, choose the subscription you want to unsubscribe from and delete it.
Web Push is always opt-in in Firefox. A site cannot send you push notifications without your permission.
To stop a specific site from sending you push notifications:
- Click the Menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go down to the Permissions section and click the Setting button next to Notifications.
- Select the website and click Remove Website:
To stop all sites from sending you push notifications, follow the above steps except, instead of selecting a specific site, click Remove All Websites.
Websites will not be able to send you push notifications and will need to ask your permission to send them in the future.
Should you decide to stop web push notifications when you are on a specific web page, do the following:
Click the Info icon to bring up the Control Center, find the Receive Notifications permission and click the X next to Allowed to remove the permission:
- Open Opera Menu:
- Then click open Settings:
- Here you need to open Websites menu and scroll down to the Notifications menu and click Manage Exceptions button:
- You will see to see the sites whose notification permissions you've already Allowed or Denied:
- Select the website on that list, click the X next to Allow to remove it from the list.
- Click Done to save the changes.
Chrome browser on Android devices
- Go to the website you don’t want to receive notifications from.
- Then choose Info:
- Tap Site Settings
- Select Clear & Reset:
Use web push notifications to keep your clients informed about the recent updates, best offers, and new arrivals.
Make sure that you have permission to send push notifications to the users; otherwise, they will be disabled.
Web Push Notifications with SendPulse
Send unlimited notifications with SendPulse for free if your database is less than 10,000 subscribers. You are welcome to use personalization, segmentation, A/B testing, and automation. All you need to do is to add one line of code to your website and greet new clients!
Last Updated: 10.12.2019