How to pass additional variables for segmentation and personalization of web push notifications?
In order to pass additional variables like subscribers' names or emails, after adding web push integration code to your website (the code generated in your account), you need to add the following code:
If the user subscribed to web push first as an anonymous user and a variable became available later the information will be transmitted to the server after the user visits the website again. Thereby the data about the user will be updated after they visit the website next time.
Another method to upload additional variables to your SendPulse account is to add to your website additional input fields with sp_push_custom_data class.
Variable 1 and Variable 2 are an appropriate variables for personal data about a subscriber. For example: “Name”, “Last name”, “Email”.
You can add as many lines with variables as you want, the data from them will be added to subscribers’ record in the web push service. That data will be used for personalization and segmentation of messages.
Both methods described above are applicable for all sites on any CMS.
Other useful articles
- Automatic resend to unreads
- Changes in the Autoresponder System
- How to Create a New Autoresponder
- How to Add Text Messages (SMS) to Autoresponders
- How to Add Web Push Notifications to Autoresponders
Popular in Our Blog
- Great email design for increasing the conversion rate
- 5 Steps to Profit With Email
- Millennial Email Marketing that Works
- [Podcast] How Email Drives Revenue in a Very Competitive Market
- How Email Turned a $14,000 per Month Business into a $100,000 per Month Success