In order to pass additional variables like subscribers' names or emails, after adding web push integration code to your website (the code generated in your account), you need to add the following code:
If the user subscribed to web push first as an anonymous user and a variable became available later the information will be transmitted to the server after the user visits the website again. Thereby the data about the user will be updated after they visit the website next time.
Another method to upload additional variables to your SendPulse account is to add to your website additional input fields with sp_push_custom_data class.
Where, Variable 1 and Variable 2 are an appropriate variables for personal data about a subscriber. For example: “Name”, “Last name”, “Email”.
You can add as many lines with variables as you want, the data from them will be added to subscribers’ record in the web push service. That data will be used for personalization and segmentation of messages.
Both methods described above are applicable for all sites on any CMS.
Published: 29 Jun 2017 Last Updated: 25 Sep 2018
Other useful articles
- How to send bulk emails without spamming?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to send bulk emails free?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Google Chrome?
- How to send bulk emails in Gmail?
Popular in Our Blog
- TOP 5 email marketing books
- What to write in the preheader?
- Mailing to unreads function
- 5 facts about emails everyone thinks are true
- 8 best ways for opt-in form optimization