How to pass additional variables for segmentation and personalization of web push notifications?
In order to pass additional variables like subscribers' names or emails, after adding web push integration code to your website (the code generated in your account), you need to add the following code:
If the user subscribed to web push first as an anonymous user and a variable became available later the information will be transmitted to the server after the user visits the website again. Thereby the data about the user will be updated after they visit the website next time.
Another method to upload additional variables to your SendPulse account is to add to your website additional input fields with sp_push_custom_data class.
Variable 1 and Variable 2 are an appropriate variables for personal data about a subscriber. For example: “Name”, “Last name”, “Email”.
You can add as many lines with variables as you want, the data from them will be added to subscribers’ record in the web push service. That data will be used for personalization and segmentation of messages.
Both methods described above are applicable for all sites on any CMS.
Other useful articles
- How to send bulk emails without spamming?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to send bulk emails free?
- Automatic resend to unreads
- User Access Levels
Popular in Our Blog
- What to write in the preheader?
- How to Congratulate Your Subscribers on their Birthdays
- The basics of behavioral psychology to improve content marketing
- Turning Email Addicts into Buyers
- [Podcast] How Email Drives Revenue in a Very Competitive Market