Common Reasons Why Your Facebook Page Got Blocked
If you violate Facebook Terms and Policies, Facebook may block your business page from sending messages, meaning that you won't be able to send messages to your subscribers.
If such a situation happens, you will see the following notification in your page settings:
Limits has been placed
This page is restricted from sending messages via Messenger platform
If you use the Facebook API, Facebook returns an error code when you try to send messages from your page.
#2022 People have been reporting content that your Page is sending. Out of the interest of our users, your Page has been blocked from sending messages via the Messenger Platform. This block may persist for 24 hours.
#2022 You have been temporarily blocked from performing this action.
Here are the most common reasons for your page block:
- You send campaigns and message flows with promotional content, containing the "Buy" button and external links, outside of the 24-hour messaging window that opens after a user initiates communication with your page (24 Rule). You can learn more about the allowed types of campaigns in our article.
- You use Messenger to promote "flash sales," "fire sales" and any other type of sales.
- You send messages that users report as spam or which are often blocked ("block rate"> 3%). To check the "Block rate" go to the settings of your page, "Statistics"> "Messages" tab.
- You send too many messages in a short amount of time.
- You are not compliant with the Messenger Platform Policies and Terms of Service.
What to do to unblock your Facebook business page::
- Check messages you've sent recently to a large number of subscribers for any violations and compliance with Facebook's Advertising guidelines and Messenger Platform policies.
- Contact Facebook support. To do this, go to “Account Settings” > “Help & Support” > “Support Inbox” > “Your Violations” and click Appeal. You can also view information about the reason for blocking by clicking "Learn more."
- Follow Facebook's instructions on how to appeal or prove compliance with the platform’s requirements.
Recommendations on how to use a Facebook chatbot without being blocked:
- Create a sales funnel that is full of engaging and useful content in the first stages. Wait for a positive reaction from users before you proceed with your chatbot flow and make sure not to hard-sell right away. Always strive to provide value to users when introducing your products and services.
- Be caring to your audience and send them relevant content. To successfully do so, analyze your target audience, study their needs and wants, and offer services and products based on this information.
- Segment and personalize your messages. Collect information about your users and use it to fine-tune your offers.
Last Updated: 16.08.2022