Triggered email is an email sent to the authorized person, depending on his behaviour on your website. Having analyzed the work of your online shop for example, you know when you are likely to lose your customers, therefore you can prevent them from unsubscribing, sending a motivating email with the help of a triggered email.
So, triggered emails are used for:
- Attracting new customers;
- Saving your current client base;
- Conversion increase.
The distinctive feature of a triggered email lies in the fact that it is not planned for mass mailing, but serves as a reaction or feedback for the actions of a particular person.
Triggered emails can include the information concerning the delivery status, birthday greeting, reminder about the goods left in the shopping cart, etc. Triggered email is one of the element of marketing automatization. They allow to stay in contact with a client. The main purpose is not to let a potential client to leave your website.
First of all, you have to determine the purpose and according to it develop the strategy. Besides, you should decide the quantity of emails you will send, their sequence and you must choose the days and time, during which you will send them.
There are several types of triggered emails:
- Welcome emails. Such an email is to be sent immediately after the first contact with the company, after the registration for example.
- Incorporation. You have to send the emails to your users in case they have subscribed but have not set up an account.
- Early activation. The email should be sent if your customers have created an account, but have not started purchasing.
- Reactivation. Your users may stop responding or clicking, in this case the triggered email is to the point.
- Remarketing. Your users may leave the goods in the shopping bag and forget about them. Your email will remind them about an abandoned shopping cart.
- Personal events. Show that you care about your users. Congratulate them in their birthdays.
- Transactional. These emails include various types of confirmations: purchase, order, shipping, return.
Below is the example of a remarketing triggered email.
Also searched with "Triggered email"
Regular Campaign - Regular campaign means an html campaign with images, links, and complete text formatting, which also contains the plain-text version...
HTML email - HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language...
Personalization - Personalization is a way to tailor content so it becomes relevant to different subscribers...
Mailing services - Mailing services are companies that provide their customers with ways to send out emails, SMS, and webpush notifications...
Footer - A footer is an element of the email that is placed at the bottom of a letter and usually contains general information about a company, such as the address, telephone number, website, social media icons, and the unsubscribe button...