Welcome email is an automated email sent to a person after they subscribe to an email newsletter or register at a company’s website.
Welcome email is an important part of a successful communication between a brand and a customer. Marketers send this type of email as a stand-alone one to their prospective customers or as an initial part of a drip marketing campaign designed to nurture leads and walk them down the sales funnel.
Taking into consideration the fact that the first impressions are crucial in any type of communication, you can’t underestimate the power of welcome emails.
How to write a welcome email
If you are wondering what to write in the email of such type, here is a list of ideas for you to consider before crafting your own killer welcome email.
- Give thanks to your potential customers for showing interest for your brand and subscribing to your newsletter.
- Set expectations about your newsletter.
- Tell the story of your brand and showcase the products or services you offer.
- Make it about your clients. Get to know your prospective customers and their preferences in connection with your brand. Use this information later for personalization and segmentation.
- Expand your outreach. Grow your community and offer your clients join you on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Here is how True Citrus incorporates some of the ideas in their welcome email.
Welcome emails are a great tool to engage your audience and make them interested from the get-go. You can use one of these points at a time or combine some of them in one email. Just remember that short and sweet is always better than annoying.
How to send a welcome email to new subscribers
- Register in SendPulse.
- Go to the Automations tab.
- Add an email template or create your own with an easy to use drag and drop editor.
- Link your pre-designed email to triggers (e.g. a newsletter signup)
- Choose a mailing list and start sending your welcome emails.
Also, it is a good idea to run A/B tests of your emails to determine which copy works best and has higher open and click-through rates.
With SendPulse, you can add a subscription form to your site and have all the new contacts delivered straight to your mailing list on your SendPulse account. Once a new contact is added, your customer will receive a welcome email automatically.
Welcome email is a versatile and effective instrument that brings loads to your marketing table. If for some reason you are still not using welcome emails in your campaigns, it’s about time you start. To discover more, check out our blog article. Also, you might find this video useful if you are not into long reads.
Also searched with "Welcome Emails"
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Welcome Emails" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up