Welcome emails are triggered emails, which serve to inform new subscribers about their subscription. Filling in the subscription form on your website, landing page, or Facebook page acts as a trigger. After that, the welcome email is automatically generated and sent to the new subscriber’s email. Most companies use welcome emails to create a positive impression of their brand.
Such emails may contain the following information:
- A guide to using the features of your product/service
- An offer of special bonuses for new subscribers to encourage the first purchase
- Set expectations from your company’s email campaign
- A possibility to set preferences of the email frequency and types of content subscribers want to receive
- An invitation to join your company’s social media pages
- A call to action which leads directly to your e-commerce/blog
- Some information for the new subscribers, within your company’s sphere of activity, which they can find useful
Below is a very good example of a welcome email by AT&T:
All marketing experts highly recommend not only to send welcome emails, but also to make the best use of them and create a perfect first experience of your brand. Welcome emails are an important part of the strategy for increasing customer loyalty in email marketing campaigns.