Business email – is a method of business communication, which plays an important role in establishing relationships with colleagues, partners, and sponsors. To save your time, register in SendPulse and send it absolutely for free.
If written correctly, it will help you to create a good image for your company. Today, a business email is a widespread practice, since it is impossible to imagine a worldwide business process, the participants of which live in different time zones communicating via letters.
People all over the world are different, but still, there are some rules to follow if you want to sound correct.
Mind these tips while creating a business email:
- Official style. The aim of official style is to reach an agreement, that is necessary for business. Be laconic, accurate, use clichés.
- Language. International business email is written in Global Language (English). If business communication is held within the same country, state language is used.
- Subject line. It must be formulated for short, clearly and precisely as people get lots of email per day and don’t have so much time. Save your time and time of a recipient. Don’t write compound and long sentences. Make sure that the subject line will be easily understood, especially in case the language you use is not a native one for a recipient. If your email is extremely important, use a word URGENT at the beginning of the subject line.
Initial part of the email
If you write to a person you are not acquainted with, use the following phrases:
- Dear Sir/Madam,
- Dear Mr/Miss/Mrs (surname),
- To whom it may concern.
If you write to a person you know, use these greetings:
- Dear (name),
- Hello (name).
After that, specify the purpose why you are writing an email:
- I am writing to you regarding…
- My name is …, I am (position held) at (company), and I am writing to you concerning…
State the purpose clearly, accurately, value your recipient’s time.
If you are answering an email, be polite and give thanks to the recipient before stating the purpose:
- Thank you for your reply
- Thank you for contacting (company name)
- Paragraphing. Use paragraphs to make the text easy-to-read, place accents on important points, ideas.
- Questions and important information. If you want to ask something, make a question visible. Write it closely to the beginning, as nobody will scan your email.
- Don’t use contracted forms. They are not appropriate in business communications. For example, NO I’m – I am, NO won’t – will not.
- Be official. Don’t try to joke, as some of your jokes can be not understood correctly in different countries.
Be polite and accentuate that you a looking for the answer or thank the recipient for attention:
- I am looking forward to hearing from you soon
- Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions
- Thank you for your time and attention
Use the following phrases:
- Best regards
- Best wishes
- Sincerely yours
Mind these tips and communicate correctly!
Choose a ready-made email template and send a business email for free.
If you're going to send to less than 2,500 subscribers, you can do it at no cost. The limitation is 15,000 emails. Make use of our ready-made templates or create your own one with the help of our drag-and-drop editor. Take advantage of personalization, segmentation, and automated email sending.
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Business email" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up