Bounce is the percentage of email messages that failed to send. In email marketing, it is acceptable to divide bounces into two gradations depending on the reason the email bounced.
- This group includes the following reasons why email addresses may bounce:
- "The domain name doesn't exist."This means that it is impossible to deliver the email to the recipient's email address.
- "The email address doesn't exist." This means that the delivery failed because there is no such email address on the current domain.
- "Spam by server." This means that the recipient's server rejected receiving the message and considered it to be spam. This error can also be displayed if the recipient's email address is blocked.
This group has temporary delivery issues. The following reasons are why email addresses may bounce in this case.
- "Temporarily unavailable." This means that the last email failed to send for a reason beyond the service's control; for example, the user’s server was unavailable or it rejected the message.
- "Mailbox full." This means that the subscriber’s mailbox is full and can't receive any new email messages.
- "The email is too large." This means the contents of the email were too big to send.
These details can be found in your statistics report. Read about the reasons why email addresses may bounce in this article.
Also searched with "Bounce"
Open Rate - Open Rate is expressed as a percentage and indicates how many emails were opened...
Upsell - Upsell, or upselling, is an approach to increase sales by inspiring customers to buy more upgraded and expensive models of product lines...
Regular Campaign - Regular campaign means an HTML campaign with images, links, and complete text formatting, which also contains the plain-text version...
Industry Average - Knowing your industry average helps to compare your email campaign statistics with the average results in your sphere of business...
Responsive email - the look of the resource in different browsers and on different platforms is the same; the presence of the same URL on the site, which enables SEO-optimization; developers need to design only one site, that reduces the time spent on design and content; designing a flexible email needs editing only several lines of code, but not designing new tables and layout each time; HTML-text, which is widely used in responsive emails, makes it easier to change something after designing the email; more and better-structured template and more pre-defined than the traditional one allows to save time in both design and building...
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Bounce" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up