Direct email marketing is a method of email marketing where email campaigns are sent directly to prospects. This marketing approach is aimed not only on selling goods and services but also on improving relationships with your customers.
Goals of Direct Email Marketing
- Establishing relationships with your prospects;
- Drawing the attention of consumers;
- Monitoring the success of products with clients;
- Tracking feedback from customers;
- Increase brand awareness and customer loyalty;
- Optimization of current email marketing strategies.
Stages of Direct Email Marketing
- Creating mailing lists.
- Developing an email marketing strategy.
- Creating a special offer.
- Selling products/services.
What is essential in direct email marketing?
The success of sales depends on your mailing lists. A product of high quality, an appealing offer, and a well-written advertisement is useless if sent to the wrong people.
Segment the audience!
It is essential to segment your mailing lists properly.
The mailing list is irrelevant if:
- There are no appropriate people. Never buy mailing lists, since people on the list will not be interested in your products. Only a few of them are likely to buy something; in this case, your money was spent in vain. Do your best to create a segmented mailing list, understand your clients.
- You don’t have a clear idea about people on your mailing list. The more you know about your prospects, the more chances you have to succeed.
- You don’t pay attention to details. For example, if you try to sell fur coats to vegetarians. Is it relevant?
Pros of Direct Email Marketing
- You can establish relationships with your prospects. If your segmentation is relevant, people will need your products and services.
- You can personalize emails, emails tailored to each recipient will increase email open rates.
- You can estimate the results by checking your email open rates, click-throughs, and conversions. These metrics allow you to optimize your work and make it better.
Cons of Direct Email Marketing
- If your mailing list isn’t correctly segmented, it won’t bring in any results, and you will have spent your money in vain.
- People who are not interested in your products may not only ignore your email but even send it to their spam folder.
Thus, make sure your emails don’t look like spam, don't use: spam-like words, overly attractive offers, CAPS LOCK, exclamation points, or colored fonts.
Be creative while working on your subject line!
Last Updated: 2020-02-06