List building is growing your mailing list by collecting client’s email addresses. Mind that you need permission to add users to your customer base.
- Why is list building important?
- How to build an email list?
- How to collect email addresses
Why is list building important?
It’s impossible to imagine email marketing without a client base. Having the email addresses of engaged users in your list is the basis of a successful email marketing campaign. If you manage to cope with this process, you’ll get such pleasant benefits as:
- Wide outreach. List building allows to find customers all over the world and increase your brand awareness at the same time.
- Protection and engagement. List building is a sure way to overcome the Google algorithm. What is more, if a person shares their personal email address with you, it means the readiness to engage with your brand.
- Getting a picture of your buyer persona. The best way to create a valuable product is to ask your customers about their needs. Sending personalized emails will help you divide clients into segments having something in common.
How to build an email list?
It’s a no-brainer that list building may turn into a real challenge. However, we’ve collected a list of methods that can help you cope with this task. Follow these small tips and soon you’ll generate a database of loyal subscribers.
There are hundreds of online events that attract thousands of visitors. Don’t miss your chance and use this opportunity to promote your brand. Also, you can stage your own online event such as an online webinar to get more subscribers.
To engage more people, add teasers, write the list of speakers, and offer a discount.
Prepare printed cards and brochures to give them to your shop visitors during events. Don’t forget to include information about the way your potential customers can subscribe to receive the best deals.
Gallery Above Penn Square organizes weekly events and asks the visitors to sign up to continue the relationships in the future. In addition, you can take part in trade shows to build a B2B mailing list.
It’ll be a great idea to use your social media accounts to organize a giveaway in exchange for the contact information of your followers. Promote such online contests from time to time to expand your mailing list.
The research conducted by HubSpot showed that if you increase the number of your landing pages from 10 to 15, you may get a 55% increase in leads. Take into account that you may have different groups of clients. Your aim is to create some landing pages to satisfy the needs of the most significant groups.
Below is the way SendPulse uses landing pages for generating clients. It aims to meet the needs of different brands providing several communication channels.
If you want more clients to subscribe, you need to provide them with the chance to have a look at your content before joining the list. Let them provide you with valuable feedback regarding your products or article on blog. It will help you discover some insights and improve on the go.
Look how Capterra uses this chance to grow their mailing list.
There are many types of quizzes, some of them are viral and the others are just so fun that they won’t let your customers go away. The pleasant fact is that all of them can bring you thousands of new leads. You may either offer users to leave an email address to receive the results or share the results with friends on socials.
Social media accounts
If you have a lot of followers on your social media accounts, you definitely need to pitch your email newsletters there. The people who follow you there already know and like your content. Therefore, they’ll be thankful for the opportunity to receive emails from you.
You can always team up with other companies and industry leaders to find targeted subscribers. Ask your partners to advertise your company or run promotions on their websites and email newsletters.
How to collect email addresses
There are several tips that can help you collect email addresses of new subscribers more effectively. Follow these simple pieces of advice to grow:
Create different types of subscription forms
SendPulse offers 4 types of forms that you can place on your website.
- Pop-ups. It’ll be a great idea to show a pop-up relevant to the content users are currently viewing or when leaving the page
- Embedded forms. They appear in a sidebar or footer. Take into consideration that it’s better to make them big and eye-catching if you want to draw your user attention.
- Fixed forms. They are located at the set part of the webpage and remain there until a customer has closed or read it. Such form won’t annoy your clients but still can provoke their interest.
- Floating forms. It’s important to use floating forms if you want to expand your email list. They may be attached to any part of the webpage and won’t disappear until a reader takes any action. It’s a great way to promote new products and hot deals.
Find examples of all these forms in our article on blog and get inspired.
Below you can see a form created with the SendPulse builder.
Offer a valuable lead magnet
Provide your users with valuable bonuses in exchange for their email address. For example, you may offer various discounts or access to unique content such as ebooks, research, courses, checklists, etc. Such an attitude will definitely encourage your potential clients to subscribe.
Provide social proof
According to various researches, people are more inclined to do something when they see someone else is doing that. It’ll be a wise decision to use this knowledge to get more subscribers. All that you need to do is just to add a subscriber counter convincing new clients to become a part of your community. However, take into account that it’ll work only in case you have an impressive amount of followers.
Let subscribers set preferences
If you provide your audience with tons of different information, it’ll be wise to let them choose which type of content they want to receive. It may include updates regarding new articles on your blog or exclusive deals and discounts. Give your clients such an opportunity.
Having armed with these list building methods and effective tips, you can create an engaged mailing list in to time. Create subscription forms and personalized email campaigns for free in SendPulse with a bunch of pro tools.
Last Updated: 2019-11-25