Birthday marketing is a marketing strategy used to nurture and strengthen relationships with the customers by giving something for free on the customers’ birthday or during a birthday month. Birthday marketing occurs as personalized and automated emails, triggered by each customer’s birth date that provides them with a specialized positive experience.
Why is birthday marketing important?
- It has high click-through rates
- Nurtures clients
- Easy to do
- Improves the brand’s reputation
- Increases revenue
- It has high click-through rates. Birthday marketing campaigns produce significant CTR, which gets to 13%.
- Nurtures clients. Birthday marketing is a useful tool for client nurturing. A high-quality birthday campaign results in loyalty to the brand, as it shows the customers that the brand cares.
- Easy to do. A birthday email campaign is produced once and then works automatically all year round. It can be edited anytime, if necessary. You can set up a birthday campaign with Automation 360.
- Improves the brand’s reputation. Birthday marketing naturally engages people to share their positive experiences with others verbally or through socials. It enhances the brand’s reputation and builds a trustful relationship with the audience.
- Increases revenue. Well-designed birthday marketing raises a brand’s income from a long-term perspective because it gradually turns subscribers into loyal clients, which are easier to communicate with and provide value to.
How to Send Birthday Marketing Campaigns with SendPulse
- Choose a mailing list that has a Birth date variable
- Create an automation flow and choose the event Special date
- Fill in all the fields
- Create an email
Building a birthday marketing campaign is not that sophisticated, because no knowledge of coding is required. You can easily set it up with Automation 360.
Choose a mailing list that has a Birth date variable
Create an automation flow and choose the event Special date
Fill in all the fields
Select the necessary mailing list, variable "Birthdate" and the time for sending.
Create an email
Birthday Marketing Tips and Best Practices
- Gather data beforehand
- Emphasize "birthday," not "marketing"
- Provide any positive experience
- Get maximum from celebrations
- Gather data beforehand. Apply birthday marketing in your general email marketing plan and gather data on consumers’ birth dates as soon as possible. If you haven’t collected data yet, but want to implement a birthday strategy in your business, use subscription forms to collect data.
- Emphasize "birthday," not "marketing." A 15% discount is not a gift, and it’s marketing. Remember, birthday marketing is intended to strengthen relationships with the customers, not to increase sales immediately. Feel confident to give something for free.
- Provide any positive experience. It’s not necessary to present some material gift to a birthday customer. Just tell them how glad you are to have them with you. Wish them wealth and health; they will appreciate it.
- Get maximum from celebrations. Develop a long-term automated strategy. Besides birthday marketing, there is holiday marketing, which also increases loyalty and revenue during traditional celebrations like Christmas, Thanksgiving Day, New Year.
Birthday Marketing Examples and Ideas
This email lets recipients choose any item with a 25% discount.
In this email, the brand offers a 20% discount for both in-store and online shops.
This is how companies encourage subscribers to share their birth dates.
This email is an example of how to present just good emotions without sales.
Last Updated: 05.02.2020