Messenger marketing is the practice of using mobile chat apps to facilitate business and connect with prospects and customers. It leverages mobile messaging platforms such as Facebook, WhatsApp or WeChat to reach the target market.
SendPulse allows marketers to run effective Facebook marketing campaigns without much sweat. Increase your outreach with an additional channel. Watch the video!
Messenger marketing provides an easy, convenient and quick way for businesses to reach millions of people from anywhere in the world. Companies send marketing messages in any form including text, videos, audios, and images, or set up bots. Customers, in turn, learn what a particular brand is selling and buy the products or services offered. When implemented correctly, messenger marketing strategies improve relationships with customers and boost sales.
Why use messenger marketing for business
According to Statista, 61% of companies say that traffic and lead generation is their biggest challenge. Reaching prospects and boosting brand awareness through most marketing methods is difficult, expensive, or both. Currently, there are more active users on messaging apps than social media apps. That is why businesses are using messenger marketing to connect with prospects, boost lead generation, and increase conversions. It is now the go-to way for marketers to reach and engage with customers at lower costs.
Approximately 18% of adults use messaging apps to ask for customer support from online sellers, while 43% of millennials use these apps to research products. Most businesses, therefore, are leveraging chatbots, especially on messenger apps, to provide on-demand responses to leads as well as customers in real time and increase sales.
How does messenger marketing work
Messenger marketing allows a business or internet marketer to subscribe users to their campaigns in a messaging app such as Facebook Messenger via widgets on the website. Once a prospect or customer is subscribed, the business can then send marketing messages such as images, videos, GIFs, or communicate with customers through a live chat. Marketers can launch a messenger marketing strategy with SendPulse simply by setting up an account.
Facebook Messenger Marketing
Today, Facebook Messenger is the most popular messaging application, with 1.3 billion users already on Facebook. According to recent data from Statista, Facebook Messenger is the leading mobile messaging application in the US with 103.55 million active users in 2018. Therefore, Facebook provides the perfect platform for marketing.
The advantages of using Facebook Messenger
- Enables convenient content delivery with higher open and click rate compared to traditional methods;
- Assists followers to locate material that is most relevant to them on the business website;
- Allows brands to send important notifications and reminders about upcoming events or offers;
- Generates high-quality leads with better engagement rates;
- Offers great opportunities to re-engage prospects.
How to do Facebook messenger marketing in SendPulse
Online business owners and internet marketers can use SendPulse to create and implement a Facebook Messenger marketing campaign for their brands. To start a messenger marketing campaign with SendPulse, follow these steps.
Step 1: Sign up in SendPulse and go to the Messengers
Register or log in to SendPulse. At the top of the page, you will see email, push, SMTP, and messengers tabs. Choose the Messengers tab.
Step 2: Connect your Facebook page to SendPulse to set up a chatbot
Add the brand’s Facebook page by logging in to Facebook. Once in, start creating the first chatbot to send automated responses to customers.
Step 3: Collect a subscriber list with a subscription widget
To collect subscribers, place a subscription widget on the site. The purpose of widgets is to assist visitors to opt-in for updates or newsletters from the brand. Follow this step-by-step guide to create a Facebook chat widget for your website.
Step 4: Create and send your campaign
Once the bot is set up, marketers can greet new subscribers, answer questions based on autoresponders, and launch different types of campaigns. To create a new campaign, select the type of message, add its content, subscribers contact info, and any other information, and save. To finish, preview the campaign and send. To start, follow this manual.
Messenger marketing tips and best practices
Here are some tips and best practices to gain the most from this relatively new marketing trend:
- Build and update the chatbot based on customer feedback;
- Send notifications to the existing list of customers too, focusing on engagement;
- Describe the bot to customers and prospects in the brand’s marketing material;
- Promote the chatbot in specific places, which the target prospects are likely to visit;
- Personalize the bot for more relevant and timely interactions;
- Keep it simple by limiting the number of options available.
- The article comes up with 4 Facebook marketing strategies you should try.
- The article offers 7 ways to use Facebook messenger for your marketing.
- The article provides 7 Facebook marketing tips from the pro.
Last Updated: 2019-11-12