NPS (Net Promoter Score) survey is a survey used to assess how likely customers are to recommend a brand or a product. This metric helps evaluate customer satisfaction and loyalty toward a specific company. NPS survey is the most effective way of collecting data about the likelihood of clients sharing a brand with their friends and family.
Watch the video to create an NPS form with SendPulse for free!
In this article, we’ll uncover the purpose and benefits of the NPS survey. We’ll also show you how to create an NPS survey with SendPulse and provide some effective survey tips.
What is the purpose of NPS survey?
Net Promoter Score is a single question asking clients how likely they are to recommend a specific brand or product to their friends and family. Customers can assess their satisfaction with a company on a scale of 0-10. After conducting a survey and getting the results, business owners group customers based on their rate and loyalty towards a brand: promoters (9-10), passives (7-8), and detractors (6-0). Net promoter score allows company owners to assess satisfaction with their products and services and determine the issues that make customers unhappy.
The main purpose of the Net Promoter Score survey is to assess customer loyalty and satisfaction. With a two-minute survey, you’ll be able to receive insights into customer experience with your brand. Obtained data gives you space for improvement, future business opportunities, and company growth.
Depending on the survey results, you can figure out how loyal your customers are. When you have 9 and higher, people are happy with your company and don’t plan to go to your competitor. When you have 7 or lower in your NPS survey result, you’ll need to consider some measures to improve customer satisfaction and experience.
Now that you know the main purpose, it’s time to explore the benefits of the NPS survey. They will encourage you to take into account this metric for your business.
Benefits of NPS Survey
The main advantage of the NPS survey is its ability to evaluate customer loyalty and their satisfaction with your brand. Its simplicity encourages customers to provide answers and helps brands attain actionable insights. There are even more pros that NPS surveys can bring to businesses. Let’s check them out.
- Customer retention. High scores in the NPS survey indicate high customer loyalty and satisfaction with your brand. Happy clients stick around and make repeat purchases, staying loyal to your company. It results in lower customer churn and higher customer retention. If buyers remain with your brand, you don’t need to allocate additional costs to acquire new customers.
- Better customer experience. With the help of the survey, your company focuses on overall customer experience. The scores help you evaluate the likelihood of recommending your brand and measure the possibility of customers promoting your company. Word-of-mouth promotion is much more valuable for business owners than paid ads since people trust the experience and recommendations of real buyers. By assessing the likelihood of becoming a brand advocate, you can identify and eliminate the gaps in customer experience. Clients who are totally happy with your product and services will tell you about your company to their friends and family.
- Company growth prediction. The results of the NPS survey allow you to predict whether a company will succeed and bring higher revenue shortly. If your business has many promoters, it can experience more sustainable growth. Loyal customers bring constant revenue to your company compared to newcomers who only perform one purchase and leave. Moreover, they can become free advocates of your brand. As a result, your customer base will expand, and the number of deals will increase.
- Qualitative feedback gathering. You can present an NPS survey as one question, giving customers space for open-ended answers. By asking your clients why they give you such a rating, you’ll be able to gain some qualitative answers. This way, you'll identify the problems your brand and customers face when dealing with your business. This information is precious to improving the overall experience with your company and ensuring seamless interactions with clients.
- Benchmarking. The results of the survey help identify the performance of your business compared to competitors. This way, you can find out whether your company outperforms or underperforms. Compared with others, this metric provides valuable insights into customer satisfaction.
- Customer loyalty identification. The metric enables you to assess the level of customer loyalty towards your brand. The information you gain after the survey provides insights into the overall experience with your brand, which results in business growth if clients are satisfied.
- Continuous improvements. By assessing NPS regularly, you can incorporate a series of improvements regarding customer experience, customer service, or product. Since customer needs and preferences change fast, you can identify them and make adjustments. This will help you retain customers and prevent them from leaving once they have slightly different needs.
NPS survey is a powerful tool that, along with other metrics, can provide you with a comprehensive understanding of customer loyalty and satisfaction. Your brand can reap various advantages after incorporating this survey. SendPulse is one of the platforms that help you create professional NPS surveys within minutes.
Now, we’ll proceed to the next section to unveil how to create an NPS survey with SendPulse.
How to create an NPS survey with SendPulse?
SendPulse is a multipurpose solution that empowers you with all the necessary tools for your NPS surveys. With SendPulse’s smart pop-ups, the process is easy and fast. The platform offers an NPS survey widget for your website. You can choose one of the pre-built templates to assess different survey parameters. It’ll take up to 10 minutes to adjust the parameters of your survey.
SendPulse offers more than five rating display styles, making it possible to get survey answers through stars, emojis, hearts, likes and dislikes, etc. Feel free to choose any of them to suit your target audience.
In this section, we’ll unveil how to easily build a quality survey with SendPulse. Let’s check out our detailed guide.
Step 1. Create an NPS Pop-up
After registering or logging in, go to your project and click the “Create pop-up” button.
Afterward, select the NPS template from the library of pre-built templates provided.
Step 2. Personalize the appearance of your pop-up
The service enables you to use the default image or upload your own. GIF, JPG, JPEG, or PNG files up to 5 MB in size are allowed. After you upload the image, the platform will automatically adjust it to the chosen pop-up size. You can select your image position, customize your pop-up appearance, choose the necessary button color, and form a color scheme. SendPulse allows you to add 3,000 characters to your body text, links, emoji, emphasis, color, variables, and alignment.
Step 3. Set up your target action
Your NPS form’s target action is set to ”Custom form” by default. The platform allows you to create a variable to store user feedback values. Consider turning on the "Display title" toggle and insert your title if you want it to be visible to your customers. With the platform, you can select your rating options, enable the comment field, add more elements, and set up your submit button.
Step 4. Configure your display conditions
Go to the "Display conditions'' tab and configure your pop-up display conditions. Select the conditions for your pop-up that identify when to show your survey to customers. Then, click the “Save” button and close to publish the NPS survey on your site. Check out these instructions to find more detailed information about the process.
Now that you know how to create an NPS survey pop-up with SendPulse, it’s time to explore some effective tips for developing your survey. Let’s dive in.
10 NPS Survey Tips
The effectiveness of your NPS survey depends on the way you create it. If you want your survey to provide valuable insights, you need to follow specific steps. In this section, we’ll unveil the best NPS survey tips.
- Make a straightforward question. Your question for the NPS survey should be as simple as possible. Ask customers how likely they are to recommend your company or product. There’s no need to write long, complex questions. Your clients should be ready to instantly understand and answer your NPS survey.
- Use a 0-10 scale. Consider incorporating a 0-10 scale to receive responses to your survey. When you stick to this classic scale, this consistency will help you ensure benchmarking or comparison across various periods or units.
- Choose the right timing. Do some research on communication with customers to select the perfect time for sending your NPS survey. It’s to send it shortly after interacting with customers, after clients use your product, or after they buy it. By doing so, you can make sure that customers have fresh thoughts on their experience with your company or product.
- Use open-ended questions for more details. If you want to get not only a score but also qualitative feedback, it’s crucial to add open-ended questions. After customers answer these questions, you’ll have valuable insights into customers’ reasons to recommend your brand or not. Clients’ ratings and open-ended responses will guide you into implementing actionable improvements.
- Segment respondents and their answers. By dividing customers based on their demographics or regions, you can tailor improvements according to their groups and specific preferences related to their age, gender, needs, location, etc. You’ll be able to develop strategies that meet the requirements of each of your segments.
- Develop a schedule for NPS surveys. Since customers’ tastes and needs often change, you need to conduct surveys regularly. Consider implementing a schedule of consistent NPS surveys. It will help you identify trends, evaluate the impact of changes, and measure the effectiveness of the latest improvements.
- Take action after receiving customer feedback. The most valuable point of obtaining customer feedback is using it correctly. Once you get information from the NPS survey, you need to act on this feedback. That’s why you should establish a clear process of analyzing feedback, resolving problems, and making changes to improve the customer experience.
- Combine NPS with other metrics. Although the NPS survey is crucial for businesses, it would be more useful to implement it with other metrics like customer satisfaction, customer effort score, and revenue metrics. It will give you a clear picture of the customer experience.
- Personalize communication based on customer groups. Think of your follow-up questions according to customer groups. After you identify your clients as promoters, passives, and detractors, you’ll need a different approach for each segment. You’ll need to interact with promoters and detractors differently. It is essential to show that you value each customer's feedback.
- Consider implementing incentives to encourage responses. Think of using incentives for survey participants. However, you should be careful with incentives so that clients give you objective responses. Your main goal is to encourage more responses without influencing customers’ opinions, accuracy, and honesty.
Congrats, now you know what an NPS survey is and why it’s essential. Hope that our detailed guide and tips will help you create an effective NPS survey in SendPulse. Register now to enjoy the benefits of using SendPulse for your NPS surveys.
- This article defines the term and unveils how to interpret Net Promoter Score.
- In this article, you’ll find best practices for creating effective NPS surveys.
Last Updated: 08.02.2024