How to send software via email?
You may need to send software via email, but email services tend to restrict the size of attachments. Besides, Gmail, for example, is not kind to the files with extension “exe”. Nevertheless, there are some methods to avoid this problem.
Method 1. Use online storage service.
Such service is a storage for large amounts of information, including documents, music, videos, photos. Besides, they allow to share information easily – just by sharing a link. Thus, every recipient will have an access to your file. Read this article to get to know how to use online storage services, such as Google Drive, for example.
Method 2. Change the file extension.
If you can’t use Google Drive, you may use this method. It’s been already mentioned that Gmail does not like “exe” files, that’s why, change the extension.
Step 1. Make hidden extensions visible.
If you use Windows 8 or Windows 10, you should make the extensions visible.
For Windows 8:
Go to “Control Panel” – “Appearance and Personalization” – “Folder Options” and choose “Show hidden files and folders”.
For Windows 10:
Go to “Control Panel” – “Appearance and Personalization” – “Folder Options” and uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types” and apply.
Step 2. Delete the extension.
If your file ends with “exe”, delete the extension, renaming the file. Use right-clicking and choose “Rename”.
Step 3. Attach the new file to your email.
Attach the file without an extension to your email.
NB: don’t forget to ask your recipients to add the extension back after they download it. Thus, the program will work perfectly.
Send the email campaign!
Other useful articles
- How to send bulk emails without spamming?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Mozilla Firefox?
- Automatic resend to unreads
- User Access Levels
- How to send bulk emails free?
Popular in Our Blog
- Increase Email Marketing CTR and Your Profits
- Create Relevant Web Push Notifications in SendPulse
- [Podcast] Using Email to Sell Books and to Build a 6 Figure Business
- [Podcast] How Email Helped Acquire over 60,000 Customers
- How to Create a Customer Profile and where to Find Data