An announcement email is a message that a business sends to contacts to tell them about a new product release, recent update, upcoming event. The purpose of this email is to make leads aware of a new product or an event and entice them to try it or to attend.
Announcement email gives details about something significant that is about to happen. An announcement about a new product first starts with a teaser, then the official announcement, and finally the launch. An announcement email’s subject line should be intriguing to entice subscribers to open and read what is inside.
How to write announcement email
Email provides a great avenue for businesses to send service or product announcement to customers. The key to writing a great announcement email is to describe:
- The event announced. State clearly what the email is about. It is best to use a short and attractive email headline and a subject line. Accompany them with an eye-catching picture.
- Benefits for the clients. Perhaps the most important aspect of writing an announcement email is to tell the audience why the message should concern them. That is, how will they benefit from the product directly? Talk about how the product will solve their problem.
- The essence of a new product, service or the upcoming event. While one doesn’t need to list everything about the product, it is important for the customers to know what items are included. Stick to those features that are likely to elicit peoples’ interest.
- The desired action. Every marketing message should end with a call to action and a link that recipients can click on to go to the relevant page. It could be, for example, “Buy now” or “Learn more.”
How to send announcement email in SendPulse
If you want to create a single email campaign, just add your mailing list, edit the template, configure the settings, and send. Follow this step-by-step guide.
If you need to send several email campaigns to remind the clients about the upcoming event, make use of Automation 360 feature. It allows to set up automated email sending according to subscriber actions and variables. For this purpose, choose the “Special date” event, select the mailing list, set the date and time for sending, and craft the template. In case your announcement is extremely important or urgent, you can set automated SMS sending for those clients who haven’t opened an email.
This guide will assist you in creating an announcement email campaign about a webinar.
Announcement email examples
Check the cosmic email from New Balance. The brand announces new product launch inspired by space.
Boden sends the announcement email to inform the clients about Cyber Monday sales. They send a reminder email before the end to engage more clients.
Kate Spade invites to their store to buy classy leopard clothes, enjoy limited edition tattoos, pins, and nail stickers. Besides, the brand provides clear CTAs that help find the answers to all the questions regarding the event.
Announcement email best practices
Follow these announcement email best practices for better audience engagement:
- Send the announcement 5 days before the launch, in 2 days and on the X day.
- Accompany the announcement with an enticing visual.
- Provide your clients with the benefits of using your new product or visiting an event.
- Send the announcement to a relevant mailing list segment.
- Encourage recipients to open the email with a captivating subject line.
Last Updated: 2019-04-24