Outbound marketing is traditional marketing, which appeared long before the invention of the Internet and it is used up to this day. The most popular outbound marketing channels are telemarketing (cold calls), direct mail (physical mailing), advertising in the media (TV, radio, printed, outdoor, banner advertising, etc.), exhibitions, etc.
Outbound marketing is also called distracting, as communications via the above-mentioned channels are rarely expected: people watch TV, listen to a radio and read magazines not for advertising, their goal is interesting and useful information (content).
Features of Outbound marketing:
- Brings a quick result;
- Due to its traditional nature, this strategy is easily perceived by the persons who administrate budget;
- Due to its "product-orientation", outbound marketing works only on those customers who plan to make a purchase in the very near future.
- To increase the flow of customers, you need to increase the budget proportionally.
- Consumers perceive advertising and other types of outbound marketing less and less, so to increase the "penetrative power" of the message and to circumvent the mental filters of the consumer, it is necessary to attract expensive specialists: marketers, advertisers, PR specialists, etc.
- High competition - everyone "does it".
- High entry possibilities for such types of marketing as TV advertising, media advertising on visited portals.
So, outbound marketing involves large expenses. Besides, it provides consumers with little education and content is not always of high value.
Also searched with "Outbound marketing"
ISP - ISP stands for Internet Service Provider, which is a company or organization that provides services for Internet access...
Lead nurturing - Lead nurturing is the process of maintaining relationships with prospects in order to earn their business at the moment they are ready for it...
Industry - Industry, within the scope of an economy, is used to define the production of goods or rendering services in a related sphere...
IP address - The IP address is a unique address in the network, which is necessary for finding, transferring and receiving information from one computer (crosspoint) to another...
B2C marketing - The role of the assortment...
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Outbound marketing" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up