Outbound marketing is traditional marketing, which appeared long before the invention of the Internet and it is used up to this day. The most popular outbound marketing channels are telemarketing (cold calls), direct mail (physical mailing), advertising in the media (TV, radio, printed, outdoor, banner advertising, etc.), exhibitions, etc.
Outbound marketing is also called distracting, as communications via the above-mentioned channels are rarely expected: people watch TV, listen to a radio and read magazines not for advertising, their goal is interesting and useful information (content).
Features of Outbound marketing:
- Brings a quick result;
- Due to its traditional nature, this strategy is easily perceived by the persons who administrate budget;
- Due to its "product-orientation", outbound marketing works only on those customers who plan to make a purchase in the very near future.
- To increase the flow of customers, you need to increase the budget proportionally.
- Consumers perceive advertising and other types of outbound marketing less and less, so to increase the "penetrative power" of the message and to circumvent the mental filters of the consumer, it is necessary to attract expensive specialists: marketers, advertisers, PR specialists, etc.
- High competition - everyone "does it".
- High entry possibilities for such types of marketing as TV advertising, media advertising on visited portals.
So, outbound marketing involves large expenses. Besides, it provides consumers with little education and content is not always of high value.
Also searched with "Outbound marketing"
Landing Page - Landing page is a target page which is shown to users, after they follow a link...
B2C marketing - B2C marketing (Business-To-Consumer) is a form of electronic trade, the aim of which are direct sales for the consumers...
Indirect sales - Indirect sales, or indirect distribution of goods are sales through intermediaries...
Internet advertising - Advertising is a marketing activity where you disseminate information about your company, brand, or goods with the goal of attracting attention to what you are advertising, creating and sustaining interest in that particular thing...
IP address - The IP address is a unique address in the network, which is necessary for finding, transferring and receiving information from one computer (crosspoint) to another...