Marketing lead is a person who shows interest in the brand or products and services, which makes the person a potential customer. The primary goal of any company is to generate as many leads as possible and guide them down the sales funnel with relevant content and offers towards the purchase.
The HubSpot lecturer shares proven tactics to convert leads.
Types of leads
The type of leads depends on their placement in the marketing funnel. There are three main types of a marketing lead:
- Information qualified lead (IQL). These leads are at the start of their buyer journey. At this stage, a company offers helpful information on a topic relevant to the person’s query in exchange for personal data, like name, email address, location, etc. This type of marketing lead is also called a cold lead.
- Marketing qualified lead (MQL). These leads are in the middle of a sales funnel. They have expressed continuing interest in a company. After the prospects identify the problem, they typically look for the way a company can handle it. This type is also called a warm lead.
- Sales qualified lead (SQL). This lead is at the bottom of the funnel, expressing the willingness to make a purchase. It is also called a hot lead.
How to generate leads
Choose promotional tools
Decide how to promote your company according to your budget. You can do it through the posts on social media, or create PPC (pay per click) advertisements on Google and other search engines. The main idea of promotion on this stage is to let people understand that a company can solve their problems.
Target your promotional efforts
Think about people who can be interested in your services and what pain points they have. Share your solutions with the target audience with the help of promotional channels which fit your business and budget.
Create valuable content
Provide your potential customers with the most valuable information, give them tips on how to overcome their problems. Sharing the relevant and resonating content with your prospects is the best practice for a business to be noticed and appreciated. The display advertisements will lead people to your website or blog. Videos on YouTube is another way to generate leads. You can show how to deal with clients’ pain points using the company’s product or service.
Use subscription forms
Create subscription forms and place them on any page of your website or blog to turn prospects into leads. Generate leads with SendPulse free subscription forms constructor. Decide which data will be crucial to choose the right approach to clients and to share the most relevant content. It will likely convert leads into customers.
Create lead magnets
Marketers often use lead magnets to motivate prospects to subscribe. It is an irresistible offer which gives access to some exclusive information in a cheat-sheet, toolkit, video guide, etc., for a person’s contact information.
Generate leads from your blog
Write interesting articles for the beginners, with the links on your product. Optimize and promote them, add cases where your company helped to solve other’s problems.
How to convert marketing leads into customers
First of all, put yourself in the customer’s shoes. Imagine an ideal buyer’s journey. On this basis, come up with a funnel, where it will be easy for the leads to move down to the point of buying.
Convert leads with an advanced marketing service to strike the right chord with your audience.
Let's convert leads to customers!
We offer a flexible subscription form builder, functional drag and drop editor that requires no HTML knowledge, deep segmentation and many more to bring your strategies to life.
- Use behavioral data. Create different buyer personas based upon your target audience behavior. This information provides you with insights on how to move separated groups of leads from the top of the sales funnel to the bottom.
- Nurture your leads. Email marketing gives a chance to send valuable information to the enormous number of people at once. Provide your prospects with useful and relevant information, display different ways to cope with their pain points, show expertise in your field. Develop your lead nurturing strategy and send drip campaigns with Automation 360 to educate prospects effectively.
- Convert leads into customers smoothly. Give them an offer according to their position in the funnel. Use all chances to close the deal. For instance, during the holidays people are likely to spend more money than usual. It’s high time to come up with a special offer to complete their buyer journey.
- The article "Sales lead" on Investopedia defines a lead in the context of the sales process and provides the way to find them.
- The article "The definition of a Marketing Qualified Lead (and what it’s not)" on Tableau defines a marketing lead, provides its examples and explains how to identify them.
Last Updated: 2019-11-12