Pay per click or cost per click (CPC) is the type of digital marketing, according to which an advertiser pays a search engine a fee for every click made on the ad. This is a method of buying the visits to a website rather than ranking in the organic search results.
PPC is a good idea for those who want to drive qualitative traffic to their website as PPC add is shown only to potentially interested users.
There are 2 models to calculate CPC:
- Flat-rate PPC. An advertiser and the website's owner agree upon a fixed amount of money for each click. It can be changed only after reconsideration of the agreement.
- Bid-based PPC. The advertisers take part in the auction, the aim of which is to get the maximum of clicks for the lower price. They inform about the highest price they are ready to pay. It's done to ensure that advertisers don't bid lower than the true value of the keyword is.
There are several factors that influence CPC:
- Сompetitiveness. There is the maximum cost per click for every particular industry. If the competitiveness is high it will be more difficult to fight for better ranking. Still, if all the advertisers of the same industry are ready to pay $5, the quality of the add will matter.
Quality Score. Quality of an add is extremely important as search engines take care of user experience. For example, advertiser John is ready to pay $7 per click, while Ann — $5. A search engine will analyse the add itself, a keyword, the relevance to the landing page and past keywords' performance.
If John's keyword is "leather sneakers" and the add leads to leather oxfords — a search engine will not place this add first even for $7. If Ann's keyword is "leather sneakers" and the add leads to a page with leather sneakers — her add will be considered more relevant as it satisfies the user's need.
Besides, a search engine predicts the CTR of the add basing on its past performance.
So, the higher is the Quality Score, the higher will the add rank in the Search Engine Results Page and the lower CPC will be.
- Season. Seasonal campaigns are very popular since the advertisers can choose the time of the year when they can spend more money in the shortest period of time.
- Geographical location. You can set specific locations like countries, cities, territories to show your add to people from there. It will help to find the right people who need your services.
- Time of day. It is important to know when your potential customers are likely to interact with you and look for your services. For example, if you sell cars, the users are not likely to search them at 9 am on Monday because they are at work. The best time is probably in the evening. On the contrast, they can look for a book during the break or lunch.
Google Adwords is the platform for PPC advertising, that works with the keywords, ad text, landing pages and maximum bids to provide the good user experience.
Try PPC advertising to enlarge your target audience in the shortest period of time!
Also searched with "Pay-Per-Click"
Google Analytics - 1...
Geolocation - Country Region City Zip code Latitude/longitude Time zone Geolocation in email marketing...
Viral Marketing - 1...
User Agent - When it comes to email marketing, the user agent serves as an important source of information about operating systems, browsers, and devices, which subscribers use to open emails...
Indirect sales - Distribution...
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Pay-Per-Click" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up