Video advertising is a marketing strategy that implies using a short and informative video that promotes a product and occurs before, during, or after the main video. It helps tell the story, improve sales volume, create buzz, convey information in a short and interesting manner, and reach a wide audience.
In this article, we’ll unveil the reasons to use video advertising, its benefits, types, and examples. We’ll also cover how to create effective video advertising for your business.
11 Reasons Why You Should Use Video Advertising
Video is an effective marketing approach that helps brands improve their performance. Marketers admit that video helps increase awareness, communicate with their target audience, and build trust with prospective customers.
69% of users prefer video over other forms of information when learning about a product. That’s why, according to Biteable, 60% of companies create video since they perceive it as an effective tool. Many reasons explain why such a big percentage of businesses consider video as their promotional material.
These reasons include:
- a big number of social shares;
- high level of visibility;
- wide international audience;
- boost in conversions and sales volume;
- high ROI;
- improved trust and credibility;
- videos emerge first in Google search;
- high organic traffic;
- wide reach to mobile users;
- good presentation of information;
- great click-through rate.
Now that you know the reasons to consider video ads for your business, let’s proceed to the next section to explore more convincing benefits.
Benefits of Video Advertising
It’s always critical for marketers to find new, effective, and unique ways and techniques that help a product or service stand out in a market overwhelmed by competitors. Video advertising isn’t new. It’s an established way of communication with consumers that brings visible results to businesses. With its help, entrepreneurs create quality and unique content that boosts reach, increases sales, and brand recognition.
It’s not a secret that people with a hectic way of living would rather watch a short video and obtain all the necessary information about a product rather than read long articles. This is one of the main pros yet there are even more for you to consider.
Video advertising also helps:
- obtain great sales volumes;
- tell the story;
- communicate the necessary information fast;
- receive high organic traffic;
- educate people on a topic in an interactive and interesting way;
- gain more social shares;
- go viral;
- attain wider customer reach;
- establish brand awareness.
There are many benefits you can reap after implementing video advertising. However, to reach your goals, you should identify the most suitable format of video ads for your company. In the next section, we’ll help you find out the key types and decide which of them will help you attain your business objectives.
Types of Video Advertising
Brands can produce outstanding video ads by choosing the right type of advertising. It will help reach out to customers and grab their attention. You can run your videos on YouTube or other video-sharing platforms to gain maximum exposure. To choose the right format, you need to know the features of all available options, so let’s start exploring.
- In-stream ads. This type can be seen often when video content is played before, during, or after the main video on YouTube or other platforms. In-stream ads can be both skippable and non-skippable. In the first scenario, a viewer can skip the video after 5 seconds it starts. These ads help establish brand awareness, reach leads and customers, and drive organic traffic to a website.
- Out-stream video ads. These ads are mobile-only ads users can find outside of YouTube. Ads appear in apps and partner websites. You can easily recognize out-stream ads since they play with a sound off. If a viewer is interested in the product promoted in a video, this person can tap the video to unmute and receive all the necessary information. This type suits perfectly the companies that need to increase reach at an affordable price and boost brand awareness.
- Bumper ads. These are ads around 6 seconds in length that can appear before, during, or after the main video. Viewers can’t skip them. People can encounter this type of video ads on YouTube, sites, and apps. Brands that use bumper ads pay based on the number of ad impressions. If a company strives to reach out to the target audience with a clear short message, this type is a perfect choice.
- Video discovery ads. These ads can be found in related YouTube videos, YouTube search results, or on the YouTube homepage for mobile devices. The ad includes a thumbnail (a snapshot of a video) and a short text. The length of this promotional video can vary depending on the placement yet it always contains an invitation to watch.
- Masthead ads. The format is perfect for promoting a new product and boosting awareness. It will help reach a wide audience and create a buzz within a short timeframe. Viewers can see the advertising video playing automatically with the sound off for around 30 seconds at the top of the YouTube Home feed.
Now that you know the formats, it’s time to delve into the topic deeper and figure out how to create great video advertising for your company.
How to create effective video advertising for your business?
We’ve prepared effective tips that will help you create a video ad that converts. It’s time to figure out how to do it.
- Make sure to include the most compelling part at the beginning. According to Stone’s Throw Media, you have only 15 seconds to grab the attention of your potential customers. That’s why when creating a video ensure to include the most important and eye-catching information in the beginning. It will help you win the interest of customers. If you succeed to produce a high-quality video that grabs attention, you’ll be able to avoid viewers skipping your ad. To do it, begin your video with a statement that will instantly intrigue your target market. In the first seconds strive to hook your potential clients by discussing a widespread problem, asking a question, or sharing a new fact.
- Tell about your company’s competitive advantage. Every customer wants to know the reasons to choose your brand. The things that make you special and help stand out in a competitive market. Make sure to include the answers to these questions in your video. Share your strengths, unique features, benefits, and achievements. You can also include proof of your success: reviews, testimonials, and feedback.
- Choose the optimal length of your video. Remember, you are making a video not to tell the history of your brand but to promote and sell your product. Your advertisement should be short enough so that you can keep customers’ attention and communicate your message. In general, the length of online video ads is around 30 seconds or less. So when you write a script, make sure that you can convey everything you want within this time frame. In case you produce video ads for mobile users and social networks like Facebook and Instagram, you’d better create a 15-second video to ensure that people will watch it until the end.
- Provide convincing arguments that your brand is worth customers’ trust. From the video, your viewers should understand that your company is a good choice for them. To make it happen, you need to provide customers with arguments that your product really solves problems. Visible value, unlimited warranty, new technology, or features, anything crucial for your potential clients.
- Consider using a CTA. Your goals can be different: brand awareness, a wider customer base, or more sales. To encourage people to take the desired action, you should include a call to action button. The best option is to place it at the end of your video when customers get acquainted with your product. At this moment, prospects might want to visit your website to learn more about the company, check the details of the event, or explore promotions.
The consequence of the required actions is clear, so let’s proceed to the examples. They will help you grab some fresh ideas and create a perfect video for your viewers.
Examples of Video Advertising
A creative approach to creating a promotional video increases your chances to improve recognition and engagement. If you don’t have any ideas yet, we hope that our examples will guide and hook you with their originality.
Reebok and 25,915 Days
The famous footwear manufacturer proved that a powerful message in a video can reach people and push them towards action without words. By 25,915 days Reebok means average human life expectancy. The campaign was created to show people that they have so many opportunities to reach their goals, become better versions of themselves, and explore the world. The main message behind the video is that people should live to the maximum every day.
Google Android and Friends Furever
Android, with the help of a bright, friendly, and nice-to-watch video managed to win the attention of viewers fast. Its simplicity and originality made it the most shared video in 2015. It went viral on Twitter and Facebook and the number of shares reached 6,432,921. In the ad, people can see the friendship between different animals. The video succeeded in grabbing the attention of viewers and became very popular on social networks.
Congrats, you know the reasons to consider video advertising, its benefits, and types. Get inspired by our examples to create a video that grabs attention and boosts sales.
- This article unveils reasons to implement video advertising.
- In this article, you’ll find different types of video advertising.
- This article provides readers with several examples.
Last Updated: 21.04.2022