UX design is a process that involves creating an easy-to-use product that can satisfy customers and provide them with pleasure and value during interaction with it. It helps enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty to a certain brand.
The video below will help you figure out what UX design is and what UX designers do to provide the best experience for customers.
In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of UX design and its 5 principles. Next, we’ll unveil 6 tips to improve the UX design of your site and review 3 great examples.
Why is UX design important?
A good UX design encompasses the motivations of customers to use the product, great functionality, and its meaningful experience. UX designers make sure that customers can access and use the product seamlessly from any device. They take care of the values, features, accessibility, usability, and aesthetics of a specific product.
By developing great UX design companies increase the flow of visitors and conversions. It ensures that leads and customers obtain all the necessary information about a certain brand and product. User experience design also influences SEO, especially ranking. As you know, Google pays attention to website speed, mobile-friendliness, and user-friendly URL structure when prioritizing sites.
Designers develop products that are easy to use, have a high quality, and bring delight when consumers interact with them. With a great design, a company can increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, and meet consumers’ needs.
Now that you know the importance, it’s time to move to the next section and discuss UX design principles in more detail.
5 UX Design Principles
UX design is an industry that constantly evolves. Yet, there are still principles that stay stable and every UX designer should follow them to make customers happy.
- Customer centricity. This principle is the most important for UX designers. They come up with impressive websites and easy-to-use products to provide clients with a seamless user experience. When creating a website, you should remember that your user is your top priority. To ensure the best experience, you need to think about the ways customers will interact with your company, their tasks, and how they achieve them. Keep these points in mind during product and website development and create a product that will help attain their goals.
- Consistency. This principle involves using the same design throughout the site, across all marketing channels, in email campaigns, and all forms of promotional efforts. Your website should contain the same font, color scheme, and visuals to improve brand awareness.
- Clear hierarchy. When speaking of hierarchy, we mean the way you organize your content. Remember, your website navigation should answer the user's questions in order. A landing page invites visitors to explore an article on the topic in which users are initially interested. If these people are eager to study further, you can encourage them to review the features. Make sure to place the most important information in a prominent place. Visitors should instantly notice the benefits of your product, its features, and the problems it can help solve.
- Mobile responsiveness. You should ensure that users can access your website from different devices. Mobile responsiveness is now the number one priority for the majority of customers. This is since there are 4.28 billion mobile internet users worldwide.
- Usability. The main aim of user experience design is to help clients solve their problems. That’s why you should do your best and comply with the main principle — usability. Your website and product should be simple and easy-to-use so that customers don’t have to spend time and effort to figure something out. Each icon and button should have its purpose. Be clear in your copy and present the most useful features. To find out whether your website has high usability, consider conducting special testing. To simplify your work, you can leverage usability testing tools. Select the most appropriate platform to reach your main goal. UserTesting, UserZoom, Validately are just some of the platforms that help check the usability of your product.
Now that you know the principles, let’s proceed to the tips that will be useful if you consider improving the UX design of your website.
6 Tips to Improve UX Design of your Site
An excellent UX design provides your visitors with clarity and intuitiveness and also boosts conversion rates. We’ve prepared the most powerful ways to improve your website.
- Increase website speed. Users expect your site to load in 1-2 seconds. During this timeframe, people are more inclined to convert. However, if it takes longer to see your website pages, then there’s a high possibility of visitors leaving your site frustrated. As a result, your website will have a high bounce rate and it affects the ranking. To prevent it, explore free services that help evaluate the speed of your website and identify the causes that slow down its work. For example, you can make use of PageSpeed Insights to check both desktop and mobile website speed.
- Design visible and clear call to action. To allow users to take desired actions, you need the right CTAs. They should be clear, visible, and appealing to attract leads and make them convert into customers. One landing page should contain one CTA. It should communicate action and be clickable. A call to action button should be large enough so that the user can easily click on a laptop or phone and immediately get to the necessary page. The button should be around 47.9 pixels tall.
- Create original and high-quality images. You can’t provide customers with value by posting stock pictures. Since visual content is crucial for users, the best option is to create original images. Ensure that they are high quality and unique. Besides, images should also be informative. Sometimes a user just needs to look through the infographics to find out the most important facts within minutes.
- Make use of white space. White space is the key to a minimalist and stylish website and the convenience of your customers. It enables users to perceive information easily. White space helps improve user attention, makes your content look readable, and easy to understand.
- Remember about consistency. To make visitors feel familiar and comfortable when navigating your site, you need to ensure consistency in colors, style, fonts, button sizes, etc. Unify all the elements to simplify the process of navigation on your website and establish brand recognition.
- Be short and sweet. To enable users to find the information they need fast, use lists. They will help visitors get the necessary data immediately, explore the main product features, and find solutions for their problems. Remember to write short and to the point and provide customers with answers as soon as possible.
The tips are clear now, so it’s time to discover several outstanding examples.
3 Brilliant UX Design Examples
UX design is a process that has no limitations. Each company can implement its techniques and approaches to simplify the use of the services, satisfy customers, and bring them value. Let’s now review several examples of famous brands that succeeded to do it.
You’ve probably heard about the online giant in the travel industry — Booking.com. The website is easier to navigate than its competitors. The company is appreciated by users for its highly-rated mobile app that enables people to book easily from any device. The search and booking processes are efficiently organized and allow clients to find everything they need for their travels at once.
A well-known video streaming service provides subscribers with a vast variety of company’s movies in one place. To improve user experience, the brand decided to use a familiar design. So when customers log in, they see a layout similar to Netflix. Disney+ gives you a valuable lesson — use established designs users are already familiar with.
Although Facebook has 2.701 billion loyal users, the company still cares a lot about providing the best UX and meeting the interests and needs of its clients. To encourage clients to explore Facebook and make them continue to use the social networking service, the company personalized experience based on the preferences, interests, locations, and other variables.
In a nutshell, great UX design is a must if you want to improve conversions and increase your customer base. Use our tips to make your website and customer experience better.
- This article provides readers with the definition, history of UX and its value, and the difference between UX and UI.
- In this article, you’ll find important information about UX designers and the tasks they do to ensure the best experience for customers.
- This article unveils tips to improve a website’s UX.
Last Updated: 20.01.2022