UX design is a process that involves creating an easy-to-use product that can satisfy customers and provide them with pleasure and value while interacting with it. It helps enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty to a certain brand.
The video below will help you figure out what UX design is and what UX designers do to provide the best experience for customers.
In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of UX design and its five principles. Next, we’ll unveil six tips to improve your site’s UX design and review three great examples.
Why is UX design important?
UX design encompasses customers’ motivation to use a product, its excellent functionality, and meaningful experiences. UX designers ensure that customers can access and use products seamlessly from any device. They take care of the values, features, accessibility, usability, and aesthetics of a specific product.
By developing great UX design, companies enhance the flow of visitors and increase conversions. They ensure that leads and customers obtain all the necessary information about them and their products. User experience design also influences SEO, especially ranking. As you know, Google pays attention to website speed, mobile-friendliness, and user-friendly URL structure when prioritizing sites.
Designers develop products that are easy to use and high-quality and bring delight when consumers interact with them. With great UX design, a company can increase customer satisfaction and loyalty as well as meet consumers’ needs.
Now it’s time to move to the next section and discuss UX design principles in more detail.
5 UX Design Principles
UX design is a constantly evolving process. However, there are some principles that remain unchanged, meaning that every UX designer should follow them to make customers happy.
- Customer centricity. This principle is the most important for UX designers. They come up with impressive websites and easy-to-use products to provide clients with a seamless user experience. When creating a website, you should remember that your user is your top priority. To ensure the best experience, you need to think about how customers interact with your company, their goals, and how they achieve them. Keep these points in mind during product and website development to create a product that will help attain customers’ goals.
- Consistency. This principle involves using the same design throughout your site, in email campaigns, across all marketing channels, and in all promotional efforts. Your website should maintain the same font, color scheme, and visual style to improve brand awareness.
- Clear hierarchy. When speaking of hierarchy, we mean the way you organize your content. Remember that your website navigation should answer users’ questions in order. A landing page invites visitors to explore an article on the topic users are initially interested in. If these people are eager to read on, you can encourage them to review your products’ features. Make sure to place the most important information in a prominent place. Visitors should instantly notice the benefits of your product, its features, and the problems it can help solve.
- Mobile responsiveness. You should ensure that users can access your website from different devices. Mobile responsiveness is now the number one priority for most customers since there are 4.28 billion mobile internet users worldwide.
- Usability. The main aim of user experience design is to help clients solve their problems. That’s why you should do your best and comply with the main principle — usability. Your website and product should be simple and easy to use so that customers don’t have to spend time and effort to figure something out. Each icon and button should have its purpose. Be clear in your copy, and present the most valuable features. To determine whether your website is easy to use, consider conducting special testing and leveraging usability testing tools. UserTesting, UserZoom, and Validately are just some of the platforms that help check your product’s usability.
Now that you know the key principles, let’s proceed to the tips that can be useful if you consider improving your website’s UX design.
Tips to Improve Your Site’s UX Design
Excellent UX design provides your visitors with clarity and intuitiveness while also boosting conversion rates. We’ve prepared the most powerful ways to improve your website’s UX design.
- Increase website speed. Users expect your site to load in 1-2 seconds, and during this timeframe, people are more inclined to convert. However, if it takes longer to see your website pages, there’s a high possibility of visitors leaving your site frustrated. As a result, your website will have a high bounce rate, which affects the ranking. To prevent it, explore free services that help evaluate your website speed, and identify the causes that slow down its work. For example, you can make use of PageSpeed Insights to check both desktop and mobile website speed.
- Design a visible and clear call to action. You need the right CTAs to allow users to take your desired actions. They should be clear, visible, and appealing to attract leads and make them convert into customers. One landing page should contain one CTA, and it should communicate action and be clickable. A call to action button should be large enough so that the user can easily click it on a laptop or phone and immediately get to the necessary page. The button should be around 47.9 pixels tall.
- Create original and high-quality images. You can’t provide customers with value by posting stock pictures. Since visual content is crucial for users, the best option is to create original images. Ensure that they are high quality and unique. Besides, images should also be informative. Sometimes a user just needs to look through the infographics to find the most important facts within minutes.
- Make use of white space. White space is the key to a minimalist and stylish website and your customers’ convenience. It enables users to perceive information easily. White space helps improve user attention and makes your content look readable and easy to understand.
- Remember about consistency. To make visitors feel familiar and comfortable when navigating your site, you need to ensure consistency in colors, style, fonts, button sizes, etc. Unify all the elements to simplify the process of navigation on your website and establish brand recognition.
- Be short and sweet. Implement lists to enable users to find the information they need fast. They will help visitors get the necessary data immediately, explore the main product features, and find solutions to their problems. Remember to write short and to the point and provide customers with answers as soon as possible.
Now that we have set that straight, it’s time to discover several outstanding UX design examples.
3 Brilliant UX Design Examples
UX design is a process that has no limitations. Every company can implement its unique techniques and approaches to simplify the use of its services, satisfy customers, and bring them value. Let’s now review several examples of famous brands that succeeded in crafting excellent UX design.
You’ve probably heard about the online giant in the travel industry — Booking.com. The company’s website is easier to navigate than its competitors’ alternatives. Users appreciate the brand for its highly-rated mobile app that enables people to book easily from any device. The search and booking processes are efficiently organized and allow clients to find everything they need for their travels at once.
A well-known video streaming service provides subscribers with a wide variety of movies and shows in one place. To improve user experience, the brand decided to use a familiar design so that when customers log in, they see a layout similar to Netflix’s design style. Disney+ gives you a valuable lesson: use established design styles users are already familiar with.
Although Facebook has 2.701 billion loyal users, the company still cares about providing the best UX and meeting its clients’ interests and needs. To encourage users to explore Facebook and continue using it, the company personalized customer experience based on their preferences, interests, locations, and other variables.
In a nutshell, great UX design is a must if you want to improve conversions and increase your customer base. Use our tips to make your website and customer experience better.
- This article provides readers with the definition of UX, its history and value, and the difference between UX and UI.
- In this article, you’ll find important information about UX designers and the tasks they do to ensure the best experience for customers.
- This article unveils some tips to improve a website’s UX.
Last Updated: 28.03.2023