After-sales service is the support a company provides to customers after they’ve already bought its product. It encompasses customer onboarding, customer service, product training, warranty service, returns, and exchanges. After-sales service enables brands to increase customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, and encourage word-of-mouth promotion.
In this article, we’ll uncover the importance, types, and examples of after-sales service. We’ll also review tips for the effective implementation of the strategy.
Why is after-sales service important?
Although improving the pre-sales experience is more profitable, businesses should ensure excellent support for customers who have already purchased a product since the prosperity of a company depends on regular clients. After-sales support allows brands to benefit. According to statistics, 96% of consumers will leave if a company provides bad customer service. However, if it succeeds in giving customers the after-sales service they deserve, this business can increase customer retention and encourage people to buy again. As a result, a company can obtain repeat customers.
After-sales service is essential for enhancing a customer base. Happy customers can recommend a company to their friends and refer them. Satisfied clients are the most valuable asset since they have higher customer lifetime value. Making clients happy with after-sales support ensures new leads from referral programs and more sales. Since an excellent post-sales experience impacts a brand image, businesses can use it to their advantage. If entrepreneurs build a positive brand image with after-sales support, they can boost conversions, establish customer loyalty, and reduce customer churn.
Now that you know the reasons to consider after-sales service for your business, let’s review the types.
5 Types of After-Sales Service
You can implement various types of after-sales services to meet your marketing goals. We’ll review the most commonly used strategies to increase customer satisfaction.
- User training. This type is essential for customers since it helps them figure out how to use your product. Users can understand how everything works with your customer onboarding, training, and educational materials. Onboarding will ensure smooth promotion down the funnel.
- Online support. For companies involved in eCommerce, it’s a must to provide online support to assist customers when they face problems with a product. Clients can reach businesses through various communication channels. They can call support, use a chatbot, or social media networks to get help.
- Warranty services. Almost every company provides warranty services for their customers. These might include replacing an item or specific parts of a product during the specified period. For example, Apple provides its customers with a one-year warranty and 90 days of technical support.
- Upgrades. Companies often upgrade software so that devices can be compatible and serve their owners longer. For example, Apple users can upgrade their software for 4-5 years.
- Free replacement. Brands offer to change the product if it doesn’t work properly. Consumers can get a free replacement for a limited time.
Now that you know the types, let’s proceed to the tips for effective after-sales service.
4 Tips for Effective After-Sales Service
Customer loyalty is an essential part of every business's success. We’ve prepared 4 tips to encourage loyalty in the post-sales period.
- Provide customers with discounts. Enticing offers always help raise the interest of the target audience. Discounts are effective in the after-sales period. Creating coupons, special offers, and discounts for your customers demonstrates that you care about your audience. Consider creating campaigns for customers who show interest in your products.
- Ensure excellent customer support. You should always keep in touch with customers and be ready to assist them. After-sales service requires you to ensure clients with seamless customer service. Use different communication channels so that consumers can contact you any time they face problems. Make use of SendPulse’s chatbots for Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Telegram to provide clients with instant help and answer basic questions about customer onboarding, installation, features, and updates.
- Ask for feedback. After clients purchase, ask them about their experience. Customer opinion is crucial for making your business better. With customer surveys, you can evaluate your product’s value, and customer satisfaction and identify problems that need to be eliminated. You need to select the perfect timing after customers perform a purchase with your company. Ask clients about their experience at least a week after they buy your product.
- Send relevant content. Consider email marketing to send content that might interest your customers. Your email campaigns can include updates about new releases, discounts, bonuses, and special promotions. They also show your care and let you stay in touch with your clients. Besides, it encourages customer loyalty. With SendPulse, you can develop email campaigns to your liking and send them to selected customers at perfect timing. You don’t need any special skills and knowledge of code to create stunning campaigns. Our drag-and-drop editor and free email templates will help you develop them fast based on your requirements. Moreover, you can inform clients about new releases via chatbots, SMS, and web push notifications.
Now it’s time to jump into the examples.
Examples of Good After-Sales Service
Many small and big brands provide excellent post-sale service. They succeed in ensuring a great customer experience and providing visible value for consumers. Let’s review several examples of companies that managed to incorporate outstanding after-sales service.
The company takes care of its customers after the sale. There was a case of one of its consumers receiving a bad bar in a box. After contacting customer service, this client had a replacement of a product, additional bars, and a coupon for further purchases. Moreover, the company’s customer service sent a hand-written note showing its care. As a result, customers can feel appreciation and stay loyal.
Suzuki, famous for its powerful motorcycles, provides support through its post-sale programs. Excellent user experience and customer support provide the company with amazing customer satisfaction. Suzuki’s team cares about its customers and makes everything possible for them to purchase a great product that will serve them for years. The brand supports clients with Suzuki’s Guaranteed Asset Protection, Extended Protection, and Tire & Wheel program.
Congrats, now you know the tips and examples to ensure a seamless after-sales experience for your customers. Make use of them to develop excellent post-sale support.
- This article defines the term and unveils several techniques.
- In this article, you’ll find 7 types of after-sales service.
Last Updated: 24.05.2022