Plain Text Emails
Plain text emails are used for email campaigns that contain text without any images or html coding. These campaigns are the most basic types and do not require any knowledge of coding or html.
To many people it may seem obvious that plain text emails are a thing of the past because they lack design and look old-fashioned. Marketers, however, consider it a debatable subject.
Pros of using plain text emails:
- The spam filters of certain email clients, like Outlook and Gmail, require the plain text versions of html emails.
- Some email clients do not support html versions, which means that your html letters risk getting into spam folders.
- There are people who prefer plain text emails to html.
- Plain text emails are getting better open rates than html versions.
Cons of using plain text emails:
- Simple text does not look as attractive as images.
- Simple text does not have the option to create a design hierarchy. With the help of the design hierarchy, the reader catches the most important information of the email at first glance. For this reason, readers often get lost in the multiple lines of plain text.
By analyzing peculiarities of the industry and the purpose of the email, you can decide whether plain text emails are relevant for you.