Order confirmation is an important part of the business-customer relationship. Companies send this transactional email to provide the customers with detailed information about their order. After the registration in SendPulse, you can send order confirmation emails automatically without much effort.
Along with other automated messages like welcome email, thank you email or confirmation email, an order confirmation is considered to be not just a formality or a tool to inform your customers about the status of their order. It is also a great opportunity to build a rapport with your clients. Personalization is a great technique that can be used to make your order confirmation email look and feel friendlier.
When order confirmation is issued
It is issued when a customer places an order on a company’s website. With this email a business company confirms that they except the order and it is being handled.
Email itself remains one of the most effective tools used by businesses to maintain a healthy and lucrative communication pattern with their clients and most importantly returning customers. Order confirmation email is no exception as it can both be used to serve as a tool to provide your customer with vital information concerning their order and to lay the ground for possible future interaction with your brand.
How to send automatic order confirmation emails
- Register in SendPulse.
- Use drag and drop editor to design your order confirmation email template.
- Go to Automation 360 and create an event — order placement.
- Create an email automation flow.
- Track conversions.
Before constructing an order confirmation email template it is a sound idea to plan what details it is going to contain.
What to include in an order confirmation email
It is best to keep a balance between curt and friendly. Here is a list of the most important transaction details to be included in an order confirmation email.
- order number
- an item (product or service)
- price (per item)
- billing/shipping address
- payment methods
- shipping method and cost
- estimated delivery time (optional)
Crafting an email template is not that of a difficult task but if your imagination well has run dry, get some inspiration from the collection of free responsive email templates or use SendPulse’s drag and drop editor to design your own emails that cut through the noise.
Once your email template is ready and the automation flow is set up, your customers will receive their order confirmation emails after they push that ‘place my order’ button on the order confirmation page.
Order confirmation page
Order confirmation page is a page within a company’s website often referred to as ‘shopping cart’, where customers can see the list of items/services they opted to buy from the company.
A typical order confirmation page includes a list of items, their quantity, price per item, shipping options and cost as well as total cost of the order.
- The article "Optimize These 4 Transactional Emails to Drive Sales and Improve the Purchase Experience" on Shopify blog defines a transactional email, gives consideration to an order confirmation email, abandoned shopping cart email, shipping confirmation email, and customer feedback email.
- The article "Amazing Order Confirmation Emails That Grow Sales" on X-Cart offers useful examples of order confirmation emails.
- The article "Order Confirmation Emails: How to Delight Your Customers Every Time" on Customer.io blog provides tips on how to create effective order confirmation emails.
- The article "Best Practices for Optimizing Order Confirmation Emails" on Litmus blog uncovers the value of confirmation emails and provides useful tips.
Last Updated: 2019-07-03