Indirect sales are performed with the help of intermediaries. There is no personal contact between the seller and the buyer. This type of sales is a widespread practice in email marketing. After the registration in SendPulse, you can make use of this method absolutely for free.
Types of indirect sales
- Distribution. Transfer by the producers of the right to sell their products to small wholesale and retail organizations.
- Merchandising. In lay terms — a competent arrangement of the goods at the shop-windows. Therefore, chewing gums, sweets, chocolates are laid out next to the cash desks: while adults wait for the queue, children lure sweets. The same is with the essential goods — they are above the eye level, because, first of all, the buyer will pay attention to the goods located below. The type of product and how it is presented to the consumer, depends on the sales ratio.
- Franchising. This is a "lease" of a well-known trademark. Buying a franchise and deducting an interest to the brand owner, the businessman takes off a lot of problems: he has a particular tactics of doing business and his own clients. Bright examples of franchising are Subway, McDonald's, Lukoil.
- Dealership. In this case, the intermediaries of the company are special agents — dealers. Buying goods at a wholesale price, they resell it with an extra charge at retail to other firms. It differs from the distribution in smaller volumes of purchases.
There is no personal contact between the seller and the buyer. Sales are carried out by third parties.
Advantages of indirect sales
- Increase in the sales network (up to abroad);
- Raising level of products distribution;
- Efficiency of the current work;
- Knowledge of the state and prospects of the markets;
- Expansion of the target audience;
- Minimum costs for the organization of jobs.
Disadvantages of indirect sales
- Break of personal connection between the seller and the buyer;
- Inability to monitor and track the goods independently;
- Dependence of the company reputation on the behavior of the intermediary.
Indirect sales in email marketing
Marketers do both direct selling and indirect via email campaigns. In this article, we told how to sell directly.
To sell indirectly, there should be a medium between an email and a recipient. It can be your sales representative. For example, a user specified their birth date during the subscription. Then, call them with some warm wishes and send a birthday email with a special offer afterward. This way, if they buy from this email, the sale will be indirect.
If you are a small business owner, use our free pricing plan. Send up to 15,000 emails every month to less than 2,500 subscribers. Personalize, segment, and A/B test your campaigns for better engagement.
Also searched with "Indirect sales"
Industry - Industry, within the scope of an economy, is used to define the production of goods or rendering services in a related sphere...
Social Media Marketing - Cheap...
User Agent - When it comes to email marketing, the user agent serves as an important source of information about operating systems, browsers, and devices, which subscribers use to open emails...
Pay-Per-Click - Flat-rate PPC...
Lead - Marketing Qualified Leads or MQLs Sales Qualified Leads or SQLs...
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Indirect sales" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up