Brand marketing is a particular approach of creating a brand name and design, establishing distinct creative communications and performing marketing activities that will differentiate a product among others.
It collaborates with many branches of advertisement. Brand marketing aims to create a product that will hook the audience and lead the current market.
Brand marketing and direct response marketing are two different approaches to marketing. Watch the video to find out the differences and ways to combine them.
Why brand marketing is important
This type of marketing is all about developing brand awareness and recognition, trustworthiness, product visibility, market reach, and the overall reputation. It is the way to promote your product in a unique and recognizable way to highlight your brand, its particular value for customers and show what sets you apart from others. As a result, products or services that you offer your customers will have a higher value.
Brand marketing pursues a long-term goal of building a continually growing base of loyal customers through communicating your brand identity and values. Therefore, an effective brand marketing strategy can help you stand out from the crowd and take your business to the next level, skyrocket sales, and attract new customers.
Brand marketing objectives
Building a brand is a challenging yet crucial step for your business success. Brand marketing objectives are the main goals of any brand, such as creating a particular image on the market or increasing revenue. Let’s cover the most common brand marketing objectives that companies usually pursue while elaborating their brand strategy.
- Brand awareness. Raising awareness is the main task to make customers recognize and recall your product or service through diverse advertising activities.
- Brand loyalty. It’s essential to make customers not just recognize and choose your brand but to stick to it. The primary task is to convince customers they have to opt for your brand by displaying product value and uniqueness.
- Brand advocate. Increase the number of customers who will recommend your product or service to other people.
- Brand equity. Authoritative and firmly established brands are believed to be more successful since people would prefer a well-known company to a less recognizable brand.
- Brand engagement. It’s better to work towards active users’ engagement. The more users interact with your brand (visit website, review products, make orders), the higher are your chances to build a recognizable brand.
- Brand identity and image. People have to recognize your brand through visual elements such as symbols, logos, colors, packaging, etc.
As you can see, those objectives are crucial for the success of your product.
Brand marketing strategies
Brand marketing strategy is the general approach you choose to promote your brand and make it visible and well-known. If a brand strategy is well-defined and executed, you will be able to achieve tangible results. There are plenty of brand marketing strategies based on the target audience, budget, marketing campaigns, but we will cover the most common of them.
- Name-brand recognition. People recognize a company by its brand name, logo, slogan as well as colors. Great examples are Apple, Coca Cola, or Starbucks that use the weight of their brand name to drive sales and attract customers.
- Individual branding. This strategy is used when a large company has subsidiary products, which function independently under their name. For example, Mars, Inc. produces Snickers, Twix, Bounty, M&Ms.
- Attitude branding. This one is a great strategy to consider. Companies like Nike implement the policy of bringing a personality and their experience with a certain product or service. Such companies will be associated in the future with a particular style.
- “No brand” strategy. The minimalist approach can bring maximum results for your brand. The design of a logo and product itself is generic but straightforward and creative at the same time. A good example is a Japanese company, “Muji,” which in English sounds like “No label.”
- Brand extension. This particular strategy is used when a well-established company decides to come up with new products or services under the name of this company. These new products or services will still carry brand identity developed previously. For example, Fender had produced guitars and then extended into earbuds.
- Private label. This strategy is widely used among supermarkets. For example, Walmart store brand produces products with a more reasonable price to beat more considerable brands competition.
- Crowdsourcing. In this case, it’s up to the public to cope with brand creation. People are actively involved in name creation, for example. This approach helps to stay as close as possible to customer’s preferences and drive their interest in a product.
Each of these marketing strategies can promote the brand and make the products successful.
How to develop an effective brand marketing strategy
Brand strategy is a crucial part of the overall marketing plan as it helps to establish sustainable relationships with customers and make them choose your brand.
If you want to establish a well-running business along with elaborating an effective brand strategy, here are the main things to consider.
Before you define your brand, you have to answer several questions that will help you make the right and appropriate decision:
- What is the primary mission of your product?
- What are the main features that set you apart?
- Who are your customers?
- What do they already think of your product?
- What are the main things you want customers to associate your brand with?
Now that you have answered these questions, the idea of what your brand strategy should look like is supposed to be much more apparent.
Here are the main tips that will make your brand strategy highly effective.
- Establish your company vision. Define the list of features and characteristics you want your company to be recognized for. Come up with a respective strategy that will communicate these characteristics to your customers through various marketing channels.
- Identify the target audience. Brand marketing will be successful only if you determine your target audience right. Identify your audience not just by the underlying demographics. Dig deeper, consider details, and try to define their psychographics as well.
- Stay consistent. Your essential task is to come up with recognizable naming, logo, colors, and the way you communicate with customers. Consistency is the only key to high recognition of your brand.
- Draw real emotions. It’s obligatory to establish an emotional connection with your customers. Provide the best service possible, care about your customers' satisfaction, create marketing campaigns that will evoke emotions. It’s vital for success and establishing loyalty.
How to improve your brand marketing with SendPulse
Nowadays, there are a lot of tools and services that facilitate all marketing activities, including brand marketing. The main reason to do this, is to advance all the processes, make them more productive and cost-efficient. Here SendPulse proves useful.
With this service, you will be able to establish effective communication with customers, let them stay up to date with the latest news, and promote loyalty through compelling email campaigns and messages in social media.
Creating adaptive email campaigns has never been more comfortable with SendPulse. Tell your customers about the forthcoming seasonal sale or announce new feature launch. Drag and drop editor allows creating an email easily and fast. Make customized eye-catching email designs, send it to your target audience, and track your performance through analytics.
Moreover, SendPulse offers Facebook chatbot that you should try out. With this outstanding feature, you will be able to provide the automated customer support that will imitate live communication with company representatives. Your customers will be satisfied with instant responses to their queries.
Brand marketing example
We have mentioned some brands with their general brand marketing strategies. Here is the most prominent one. Nike Company was established 55 years ago. Now it is known all over the world, and the company brings more than $35 billions of dollars in revenue per year. Customers choose this brand among others and stick to it.
Their logo is known everywhere, and there is no need to explain what the company is. Nike creates high-quality sportswear and shoes and knows how to make customers want to buy their products through effective brand marketing.
Nike’s brand strategy was defined long ago. Their website, customer support, marketing activities are top-notch. In their brand marketing campaigns, they often involve a particular personality to speak to customers’ emotions. This persona tells about failures, struggles, and ways to overcome all hurdles related to sports in all kinds of visual marketing content such as promo videos, banners, ads.
This approach extremely motivates people, evokes sheer emotions, and spurs customers to cope with challenges while choosing this brand. That’s what you have to strive for. Consistent, motivational, and emotional content that makes believe and trust this manufacturer and stick to the brand for years.
The importance of brand marketing for your business success is undeniable. It’s recommended to take care of it in the early stages of product development to build a brand that will be recognized by customers. By implementing these tips, you will be one-step closer to creating an effective, sustainable, and memorable brand image. Raise brand awareness, boost loyalty and be ready to harvest success.
- The article defines brand marketing and provides tips to build a strong strategy.
- The article explains what brand marketing is and offers a guide to build a strategy that aligns with your business.
Last Updated: 2019-11-11