An SMS gateway – is an interface that allows sending SMS without using a mobile phone. SMS is transformed into an email or HTTP-requests and vice versa, and this is convenient both for the sender and the recipient. Applying an SMS gateway allows conducting mobile marketing.
SMS Gateway Usage
- Informing clients about intakes of orders, sales, and discounts;
- Creating brand awareness;
- Saving money on advertising without losing clients;
- Interaction with the customers while evaluating the service quality.
With the help of the SMS gateway, it’s possible to resolve the problem of customers’ feedback. Clients can send their remarks, complaints, and suggestions on development to the company.
Besides, using an SMS gateway, you can survey your target audience. This is a great chance to learn your clients’ opinion and optimize your work for the better, with minimum costs.
Kinds of SMS Gateways for Bulk SMS Campaigns
- Web2SMS. It is based on sending messages from the web-sites to mobile phones. Such gateways allow to use additional functions and apps;
- SMS2Email. This kind enables sending messages via email.
- SMS2Skype. It’s possible to send messages to Skype with the help of individual gateways.
The main advantage of SMS gateway is that you can connect to it almost through any protocol, for example, HTTP, XML, SOAP, SMTP. Using SMTP, all the necessary information will be shown in the account.
Last Updated: 2019-12-30