Spam filter is a program designed to protect the user from spam and it is used to filter incoming email or links. The spam filter uses ready-made lists with undesired addressees or website addresses. Accordingly, these lists must be created. To make the spam filter work more efficient, it must be "trained". During the "training", the spam filter specifies the criteria by which the letters will be sent to spam. It is also necessary to mark "non-spam" letters so that the filter can catch the difference between personal messages and spam. Often, while producing mass mailings of your emails, you unwillingly become a spammer. This is because you do not follow the rules of mailing.
Spam, as a rule, includes letters that contain the following:
- Announcement of the winning big sums of money;
- The question "Why should you pay more? "
- A money-back guarantee;
- Information on an urgent matter;
- Offering cheap mortgages or refinancing;
- The opening of the secret of instant success.
Thus, when composing mail for distribution, you should simply follow certain rules:
- do not use the phrase "Win a million!", "Advertising!" and other spam-like phrases;
- do not use a lot of "CAPS LOCK" key and exclamation marks in the subject lines;
- do not select all the text of the letter in bright colors;
- check the correspondence of the HTML part of the letter and the text, the correctness of the encoding;
- do not use one image instead of the letter text.
Also searched with "Spam filter"
List (Subscribers’ List) - In email marketing, the term List, or Subscribers’ List, is used to define Internet users who have subscribed to receive emails from you personally, or from your business...
Graylisting - Graylisting is a means of automatically blocking spam...
Email opt-out - Email opt-out – is a marketing technology which deals with the advertising mailing...
Behavioral email - Behavioral email is an email based on the actions that your customer does when interacting with your business...
Recipient - In email marketing, a recipient is a person who gives his or her permission to send them emails that may contain advertising materials, offers, company digests, invitations to events, video reviews, and other content...
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Spam filter" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up