Spam filter is a program designed to protect the user from spam and it is used to filter incoming email or links. The spam filter uses ready-made lists with undesired addressees or website addresses. Accordingly, these lists must be created. To make the spam filter work more efficient, it must be "trained". During the "training", the spam filter specifies the criteria by which the letters will be sent to spam. It is also necessary to mark "non-spam" letters so that the filter can catch the difference between personal messages and spam. Often, while producing mass mailings of your emails, you unwillingly become a spammer. This is because you do not follow the rules of mailing.
Spam, as a rule, includes letters that contain the following:
- Announcement of the winning big sums of money;
- The question "Why should you pay more? "
- A money-back guarantee;
- Information on an urgent matter;
- Offering cheap mortgages or refinancing;
- The opening of the secret of instant success.
Thus, when composing mail for distribution, you should simply follow certain rules:
- do not use the phrase "Win a million!", "Advertising!" and other spam-like phrases;
- do not use a lot of "CAPS LOCK" key and exclamation marks in the subject lines;
- do not select all the text of the letter in bright colors;
- check the correspondence of the HTML part of the letter and the text, the correctness of the encoding;
- do not use one image instead of the letter text.
Also searched with "Spam filter"
Email Marketing - Email marketing is one of the most effective tools for a company to communicate with its customers...
API - API is used to integrate SendPulse’s distribution service capabilities with clients’ personal projects...
Footer - A footer is an element of the email that is placed at the bottom of a letter and usually contains general information about a company, such as the address, telephone number, website, social media icons, and the unsubscribe button...
HTML email - HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language...
Newsletter - Newsletter is one of the forms of email marketing, performed as an informative email, which includes up-to-date information on promotions, new products, events, commercial offers...