Content repurposing is transforming the existing content into a new format aimed at reaching more people. It helps expand your reach, minimize costs, and establish a strong online presence.
In this article, you’ll find out why content repurposing is important and unveil its 9 benefits. You’ll also figure out how to choose content for repurposing, explore 7 ways to repurpose your content, and get inspired by our amazing examples.
Why is content repurposing important?
Content repurposing helps content scale faster and appeal to new audiences. Brands can distribute information more effectively when reusing the existing content for new platforms. Once companies succeed in recycling their evergreen content to make it suitable for different channels and meet the audience’s needs, they will provide value both for people and their businesses.
Being active on social media and other platforms means that a brand cares about its customers and their opinions. With content repurposing, you’ll be able to constantly interact with your target audience. Frequent publishing of podcasts, videos, blog and social media posts will help you establish a strong online presence and good relationships with your customers. As a result, your reach will grow.
Transforming your content into new formats helps boost your SEO. If you have different content formats with the same keyword, your position in search engines will improve.
Now that you know why content repurposing is important, let’s discover its benefits.
9 Benefits of Content Repurposing
Content repurposing brings many advantages to business owners. The most essential is to recycle the content right and choose the most appropriate channels for content distribution. If you manage to do it successfully, content repurposing can help you:
- reach a new audience;
- achieve multiple goals;
- improve the deliverability of information;
- save time and money;
- present content in different formats;
- reinforce your message;
- establish a strong online presence;
- improve organic visibility;
- take care of SEO.
Now that you know the benefits, it’s time to figure out how to choose content for repurposing.
How to choose content for repurposing?
To select the right content for repurposing, look at your metrics. You need to identify the performance of your blog posts. You need to pay attention to the five main metrics in Google Analytics to evaluate the success of your blog. These indicators include average time on page, page views, returning users, goal conversion rate, and average pages per session.
Transform relevant blog posts that have high performance into other content formats. These blog posts should bring value to people and educate them about relevant topics. Once you have your blog posts identified, it’s time to think about the best format that can bring valuable experience to users. Finally, think of the best ways to distribute your information and appeal to people.
Now that you know how to choose content for repurposing, let’s explore 7 ways to repurpose your content.
7 Ways to Repurpose Your Content
As soon as you are sure to get involved in content repurposing, you need to decide what content you want to make. You can turn your blog posts into the most wanted types of content. We’ll now review the most popular formats people enjoy the most.
- Transform blog posts into podcasts. If you have some blog posts with valuable information you would like to share with your audience, consider creating an episode for a podcast. It’ll bring benefits to your business and podcast listeners. According to statistics, around 60% of US consumers older than 12 listen to podcasts, so you can expand your reach. Podcasts bring their owners brand awareness, higher traffic, and a larger customer base. With a podcast, you can deliver complex information.
- Turn articles into videos. Since 87% of marketers say video has сontributed to the increase in traffic, this content format is worth considering. Video is a highly engaging type of content people enjoy watching. It allows you to familiarize people with your brand and helps customers make buying decisions. Since multimedia works well with all types of screens, users can enjoy watching your educational materials from laptops and phones. After creating a video, distribute it to multiple platforms so that everyone can access it easily. If you upload it to YouTube, people from different locations will learn about your company and drive views.
- Collect educational materials to create an ebook. If you have useful content, make an ebook. Collect the information you have on the topic that might come in handy for learners. For instance, if you have CV templates and good content about creating professional CVs, it’s worth making an ebook. There will be many job seekers who need to create a perfect resume to get hired. Don’t forget to promote your ebook by sending email campaigns and publishing posts on social media.
- Make use of SlideShare. SlideShare is a hosting service that allows users to upload professional content like infographics, presentations, and other important documents. If you have information to transform into one of these formats. Make a slide deck with this data and upload it to the platform. Presentations and infographics are starters and professionals to deepen their knowledge. This step will enable you to reach more people and increase impressions.
- Include statistics in social media posts. Having accurate statistics is essential for your company since it makes your brand look more credible and reliable. Moreover, when we talk about social media networks. If you have such information, use it in your posts. Transform this data into a graphic, infographic, image, or video so that viewers perceive your information better and believe in your expertise. Show that you track industry data and care about it with your social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Leverage different social media platforms and tools to distribute your statistics.
- Create an online course. Consider using the information in your blog posts to create a comprehensive online course. It can include guides, lists, examples, and how-tos you already have. You just need to recycle the content to suit the video format. Work with your team to structure your course. An online course will show your expertise and give participants the information they need.
- Update old blog posts. If your blog posts include evergreen content, they shouldn’t stay in the past. Updating relevant posts is a must for your content strategy. You have publish-ready content, which saves your time a lot. Update it with additional information to make your blog posts sound relevant and current. As a result, readers receive quality content with the latest data.
Now that you know how to repurpose your content, it’s time to explore our examples and grab some inspiration.
Examples of Content Repurposing
There are many amazing examples of content repurposing you can use as a hint for creating new formats of content to expand your reach. We’ll review the successful examples so that you know what you can do with your articles, blog posts, videos, etc.
The founder of ProBlogger, a blog that helps people earn money blogging, had lots of success with his “31 Days to Build a Better Blog”. So Darren Rowse decided to make the most of its series and turned it into an ebook. The ebook costs $29.99. Now when the initial launch was years ago people still buy it. People use the materials from this book for various online courses.
Jay Baer has a different approach to content repurposing. The founder of Convince and Convert creates different short videos, usually three minutes in length, on diverse topics and reuses them to create various types of content and publish them on his website. He turns these short videos into Medium posts, iTunes audio podcasts, blog content, promotions, etc.
Moz increases the involvement of its audience with the help of Whiteboard Friday videos. Since video is one of the most effective and engaging ways to reach customers, the company leverages the method to communicate necessary information. Each user can receive videos individually and also explore blog posts and their video transcription.
Congrats, now you know the benefits of content repurposing and ways to do it. Hope our examples will serve you as a hint for your future content transformations.
- This article provides readers with the definition of content repurposing and unveils the reasons to repurpose content.
- In this article, you’ll find 9 examples of content repurposing.
Last Updated: 22.03.2023
Sign up withSign in with Facebook Sign in with Google