In this article, we’ll unveil why implement lead routing and review 4 best practices.
Why should you implement lead routing?
Studies show that initial contact with your prospects is critical for establishing mutually beneficial relationships. The faster you make the first call or send an email, the higher the chance of a conversion. Marketers recommend contacting leads within five minutes after they show interest in your product and leaving their emails and phone numbers through web forms on your website. When you manage to respond to potential clients’ activity on your website, you increase the likeliness of these people to convert into consumers. Moreover, your lead response time influences customer decisions on whether to purchase with your brand or find a substitute.
According to statistics, the conversion percentage is high if you reach your prospects within five minutes. Within this time, competitors won’t manage to build communication with your potential customers. Your leads won’t switch to other brands for the same product. So, ensure to make lead routing your priority. Find the right sales representatives and delegate prospects to them. Make sure that your salespeople reach your leads as soon as they can.
When your business grows, it’s essential to ensure that every prospect gets your attention. To win many deals and convert potential clients into loyal customers, you need to establish communication as soon as possible. Lead routing lets you distribute prospects and tasks among your sales representatives and reach prospective customers quickly. This way, you can prevent the decrease in conversion rates and the reasons for prospects churning out.
By instantly assigning leads to different sales representatives, you can ensure that every person gets your attention and help. Salespeople will listen to the leads’ challenges and provide them with solutions. If potential clients find your product helpful, they will purchase with your sales representative and become customers.
Let’s sum up the main benefits of using lead routing. It helps
- effectively distribute prospects among your sales reps;
- encourage company success;
- establish good relationships with potential clients;
- promote trust and loyalty;
- provide excellent customer service;
- quickly respond to leads’ inquiries.
Now that you know why to implement lead routing, let’s review some effective best practices.
4 Lead Routing Best Practices
We can discuss dozens of recommendations when it comes to lead routing. However, we’ve decided to uncover the most essential for your business. So let’s see these tips one by one in detail.
- Determine criteria for lead routing. Depending on the relationships with your prospects, you need to assign them to different teams. If prospects that come to your company have no history with your brand and connections with your customers (companies), consider delegating these individuals to your sales development team. This way, you can qualify your potential clients and identify their needs. It’ll help you make sure that they meet your buyer persona. However, when a prospect comes from a company that is your customer, you need to select a customer success manager. The customer success manager has a clear understanding of relationships with current clients. Such a person on your team enables you to make successful upsells and cross-sells. The customer success manager helps you analyze the current situation with the customer and provides personalized offers.
- Find the right sales reps for these prospects. All sales representatives are different. They have strengths and weaknesses. Some might succeed in converting prospects into customers in a specific industry, while others might be good at working with decision-makers. If you know who will manage certain tasks excellently, consider assigning new leads to these individuals. Determine your reps’ strengths and use them to your advantage. It will help you effectively reach your prospects and make them convert.
- Assign leads based on geography. Time zone matters since it influences smooth communication with potential clients. If you want your sales representatives to reach prospects at the right time, consider choosing your salespeople from the same time zone. As a result, the response rate will be higher, and time scheduling will be smoother.
- Check the technology side of your lead routing strategy. Before distributing prospects among your sales department, ensure everything works properly. To automatically assign leads, you need to find ways for them to come. Find out whether your web forms and other channels meet your requirements and work properly. Once potential clients leave their data through a web form, make sure to store it in a secure place. Consider using a CRM. With SendPulse’s CRM, you can automate sales and communication with your prospects.
Congrats, now you know what lead routing is and why it’s crucial. Hope our guide will help you assign prospects to the right departments of your company.
Last Updated: 27.12.2022