Phishing is network fraud. Phishers are technically advanced crooks and thieves. With the help of spam, malicious websites, emails, they lure users of confidential information, such as bank account numbers or credit cards.
How to recognize it?
- Phishers, disguised as well-known companies, use e-mails to request personal information, while the user is directed to a fake website;
- Most often, phishers use emotional expressions, trying to frighten or excite the user and get him to respond immediately to an email;
- Phishing sites look like their prototypes, as copyrighted images from authentic sites, widely used in their design;
- Requests for confidential information via e-mail are often illegal;
- Often fraudulent emails are not personalized and contain the same information in the title and text.
How to protect yourself from phishing and not get caught in a phishing attack?
- The first thing to remember is always the following: your PASSWORD is ONLY YOURS, no organization will require your password from you. You only need it to access a particular service and only you need to know it;
- Be careful when receiving e-mails from unknown senders and e-mails asking to click on the link;
- Always check via the address bar on that site whether you enter your password. (The domain is also forged, that is why, it is very similar to its original, the difference can be only one letter, for example, microsoft.com can turn into maicrosoft.com);
- Use the latest versions of browsers and licensed antivirus software.
If you suspect that you have been subjected to a phishing attack, be sure to immediately change your account password and contact the organization's security department, data from which was obtained by scammers.
Also searched with "Phishing"
List (Subscribers’ List) - In email marketing, the term List, or Subscribers’ List, is used to define Internet users who have subscribed to receive emails from you personally, or from your business...
Black lists - Black lists - these are lists of IP addresses that were blocked by an email provider or spam filter for phishing and spam...
Archive Page (Newsletter Archive) - The function of the newsletter archive is to show users all your emails in order to arouse their interest to subscribe...
Spam filter - Spam filter is a program designed to protect the user from spam and it is used to filter incoming email or links...
Statistics - In email marketing, statistics allow marketers to analyze the results of every email sent and improve the next email campaigns...