Phishing is network fraud. Phishers are technically advanced crooks and thieves. With the help of spam, malicious websites, emails, they lure users of confidential information, such as bank account numbers or credit cards.
How to recognize it?
- Phishers, disguised as well-known companies, use e-mails to request personal information, while the user is directed to a fake website;
- Most often, phishers use emotional expressions, trying to frighten or excite the user and get him to respond immediately to an email;
- Phishing sites look like their prototypes, as copyrighted images from authentic sites, widely used in their design;
- Requests for confidential information via e-mail are often illegal;
- Often fraudulent emails are not personalized and contain the same information in the title and text.
How to protect yourself from phishing and not get caught in a phishing attack?
- The first thing to remember is always the following: your PASSWORD is ONLY YOURS, no organization will require your password from you. You only need it to access a particular service and only you need to know it;
- Be careful when receiving e-mails from unknown senders and e-mails asking to click on the link;
- Always check via the address bar on that site whether you enter your password. (The domain is also forged, that is why, it is very similar to its original, the difference can be only one letter, for example, microsoft.com can turn into maicrosoft.com);
- Use the latest versions of browsers and licensed antivirus software.
If you suspect that you have been subjected to a phishing attack, be sure to immediately change your account password and contact the organization's security department, data from which was obtained by scammers.
Also searched with "Phishing"
B2B marketing - B2B marketing (Business to Business) is the type of informational and economic interaction, classified according to the type of interacting entities, in this case, they are legal bodies who work not for the ordinary ultimate consumer, but for the same companies, i...
Custom-Coded Template - If you don’t want to use ready-made templates, then you can import your own custom HTML code to create a unique custom-coded email template...
Welcome Emails - A guide to using the features of your product/service An offer of special bonuses for new subscribers to encourage the first purchase Set expectations from your company’s email campaign A possibility to set preferences of the email frequency and types of content subscribers want to receive An invitation to join your company’s social media pages A call to action which leads directly to your e-commerce/blog Some information for the new subscribers, within your company’s sphere of activity, which they can find useful Below is a very good example of a welcome email sent by Kate Spade All marketing experts highly recommend not only to send welcome emails, but also to make the best use of them and create a perfect first experience of your brand...
Spam filter - Announcement of the winning big sums of money; The question "Why should you pay more? " A money-back guarantee; Information on an urgent matter; Offering cheap mortgages or refinancing; The opening of the secret of instant success...
Transactional Email - When a new subscriber is added to your mailing list...
Try SendPulse today for free
If you are interested in "Phishing" you might be interested in our bulk email service.Sign Up