B2C marketing (Business-To-Consumer) is a form of electronic trade, the aim of which are direct sales for the consumers. The buyer buys the goods for himself. The goods (service) in this situation are the objects of business, while the consumer and the seller organization are its subjects.
The relationship in the B2C sphere is one of the elements that makes up the chain of business processes in today's commercial activity. The essence of B2C is to build a direct, personalized relationship between business and the client. This type of relationship implies direct sales and the desire to reduce the number of intermediaries. The fewer intermediaries, the easier it is for the organizations to ensure competitive prices and control their fluctuations. These activities are aimed at increasing the margins of sales.
Distinctive features of the B2C marketing:
- The role of the assortment. Businessmen who have chosen retail trade as their sphere of activity are always interested in expanding the range of services and goods: thus they extend their influence to all segments of the market. This process is most easily traced in the example of supermarkets, where the consumer can buy anything he wants.
- The role of an individual customer. We can not but admit that in this business segment the role of the buyer is small, since the merchant profits from large sales volumes that are provided by different consumers. In other words, he (merchant) is more concerned with the needs of the market, rather than the specific client.
B2C sales are exactly the activities that retailers are involved in. They apply special methods of doing business and specific marketing technologies aimed at the mass consumer. They are also called retail technologies.
The other features of B2C marketing:
- The orientation of the manufacturer on interaction with the end user;
- The goods are purchased by the clients for themselves, and the decision on the need to purchase the goods is taken by them independently;
- The client is not an expert;
- Buying a product, the customer is guided not only by his needs, but by his emotions as well;
- The sales cycle is short;
- A single buyer is not important for business - only the volume of sales matters;
- The obligatory use of mass communications;
- Orientation of sellers on the template solutions.
Thus, it is possible to draw conclusions about the key features of the B2C sphere. Despite the fact that a single consumer is not very interesting to the seller, he (the seller) provides the consumer with ample opportunities to meet their needs. The customer can buy everything in one place. The yield of B2C is provided by the massiveness of sales in case of absence of numerous intermediaries.
Also searched with "B2C marketing"
Cross-selling - Cross-selling is a method of sales, according to which a buyer is offered to buy other products, complementing the first...
DMARC - Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) is an email-validation system designed to detect and prevent spam and phishing...
Hard Bounce - Hard bounce is a term that indicates that email delivery to a certain recipient fails on a permanent basis...
Lead generation - Lead generation is building of consumers database who are interested in your product/service, or those, who are suitable for the right segment of target audience through various marketing practices...
Email Marketing - Email marketing is one of the most effective tools for a company to communicate with its customers...