Personalize your email subject lines
By personalizing email subject lines, you can include the subscriber’s name right in the e-mail subject. You can collect subscriber names using a subscription form placed on your website.
Advantages of personalizing email subject lines:
- Increase the number of messages that are opened;
- Get more clicks thanks to specific information being shown;
- Less chance that messages will end up in spam folders;
- Speak to your subscribers’ emotions;
- Create a feeling of trust between sender and recipient.
Everyone is naturally a little self-centered and will be flattered if they are addressed by name in a mailing list letter. They will feel that the message was sent just to them and that they are special.
How can I avoid mistakes when personalizing email subject lines?
Before addressing someone by name, you should make sure that the name is a correct one. Carefully look over your database of email recipients and edit the names to weed out:
- Misspelled names
- Abusive language
- Fake names
- Names entered with Caps Lock on
- Last names
Sign up withSign in with Facebook Sign in with Google