When we say “we,” “us”, “our,” and “___________” we are referring to _________________________________________________________________________ (Company name and physical address)
We provide __________________________________ (business description) (the “Services”).
When we say “you,” or “User,” we are referring either to a person who used our Services, subscribed to our emails or to some other person who visits any of our Websites.
“Personal Data,” “Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation or other demographic information.
We offer the Services on our website ________________ (address).
While providing the Services, and as described in more detail below, we may collect Personal Data about you.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the legal age (according to your jurisdiction). If you are under the legal age (according to your jurisdiction), please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us.
If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the legal age (according to your jurisdiction), we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that anyone under the legal age (according to your jurisdiction) have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at____________
2.1. Your consent
Consistent with the uses of Personal Data covered in this policy, we may transfer Personal Data to companies that help us promote, provide, or support our Services. All Service Providers enter into a contract with us that protects Personal Data and restricts their use of any Personal Data consistent with this policy. As part of our Services, we may use and incorporate into features your Personal Data. We may share this information with third parties in line with the approved uses in this policy.
2.2. Use and disclosure of personal information
We may use and disclose Personal Data only for the following purposes:
- For registration with our Service.
- To perform a contract in which you are involved as a party.
- To promote use of our Services to you and others.
- To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To bill and collect money owed to us.
- For your participation in contests and loyalty programs.
- To send you System Alert messages.
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Users and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer.
- To provide suggestions to you.
- To transfer your information.
3. Contact us
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Data we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at____________.
You may also contact us by postal mail at:
5. Your data
5.1. Data provided by you
Data you voluntarily provide to us: when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer support team, send us an email, integrate the Services with another website or service, or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect. That data may include your
- email address
- physical address
- IP address
- phone number
as well as details including gender, occupation, location, purchase history, and other demographic information.
5.2. Data collected automatically
We may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application.
We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Service – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Service, and we can use that knowledge to make the Service interesting to as many users as possible.
5.3. Cookies and tracking
“Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
5.4. Information from other sources
From time to time we may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: demographic information, device information (such as IP addresses), location, and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Data) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products features, and services.
5.5. Anonymous information
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve website navigation. We reserves the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its sole discretion.
6. Public information and third party websites
Our Websites include social media features. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
7. Your specific rights regarding personal data
Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten): You may terminate your account at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
Right to rectification: You may access and update your account settings at any time to correct or complete your account information upon your request at any time. You may also contact us at any time to access, correct, amend or delete information that we hold about you.
We will give you access to any Personal Data we hold about you within 30 days of any request for that information. You may request to access, correct, amend or delete information we hold about you by contacting our support (___________). Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Data about you from our servers at your or their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Data.
Right of portability: We will export your account data to a third party at any time upon your request.
8. Email tracking
Our servers do not record email addresses of visitors unless expressly specified for purposes such as means of identification for a service or tool available for registered and/or restricted use.
We keeping your email addresses in order to send you messages or company news, email addresses may be used also to market our products.
However, if you wish to avoid receiving any future mailings from us, please:
- choose to unsubscribe from receiving our news and updates at _____________________) or
- reply back to our message with ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject line.
9. Disclosing personal information to the third parties
We may disclose Personal Data to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy:
- Service Providers. Sometimes, we share your information with our third party Service Providers, who help us provide and support our Services. For example, if it is necessary to provide you something you have requested (like receiving our news and updates), then we may share your Personal Data with a Service Provider for that purpose. Just like with the other third parties we work with, these third party Service Providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Data only for the provision of services to us and in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
- Advertising partners. We may partner with third party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our Websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share Personal Data with them for this purpose. All third parties with which we share this information are required to use your Personal Data in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
- Social media as described above.
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, loyalty programs or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
11. Storing information under your account
Information placed and stored on our Websites, designed for the storage and retrieval of personal data or providing you the services you have requested is tied to the username and password of the member whose Internet account information is stored under.
We will use and disclose the information stored under your account only for the reasons discussed above.
12. Accuracy and retention of data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes, then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Data. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services.
13. Your personal data protection
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data.
We don’t store individual Internet account passwords in the accessible format, and will not divulge or change any passwords on any account without proper authorization from the account owner or responsible party.
In addition, any information collected through our websites or over the Internet is transmitted using current industry-standard security and/or encryption methods aimed at protecting our customer’s information from unauthorized access or use.
We recommend that you always keep your password private, and change it periodically in order to better protect your personal data.
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects your Personal Data, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Our servers and offices are located in ___________________________ so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in that countries. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of that countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy. By using our Websites, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in that countries and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy. If applicable
We guarantee that any actions regarding Personal Data are carried out in full compliance with this Policy and the principles set forth in the EU GDPR.
Other useful articles
- How to send bulk emails without spamming?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to send bulk emails free?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Google Chrome?
- User Access Levels
Popular in Our Blog
- 5 emails to hapiness
- Pioneers of email marketing
- TOP 5 email marketing books
- What to write in the preheader?
- Mailing to unreads function