What should you know before starting to work with SendPulse?
SendPulse is a tool for sending email messages to a list of “warm” clients.
This means that:
- Each recipient from your mailing list has subscribed to your newsletter via a subscription form or has provided you with their personal email address and now they are expecting to get a newsletter from you/your company.
- Your mailing is not your first contact with customers. They have at least been in touch with your company/your brand once or several times. And you know what kind of information your customers are interested in. So you can determine the mailings main theme on the basis of this knowledge.
- All email addresses from your mailing list are confirmed by recipients (we recommend to use two-level subscriptions).
What are the ways to choose the theme for your mailings?
The first and most efficient way is to ask a client directly about the information they are interested in. You can ask them in your first “welcome” email using a survey or a questionnaire.
Analyze your target audience preferences, communicate with its representatives (for example, on forums or in social media), inspect the frequently asked questions and make your conclusions.
Depending on your business you should think over the type of useful and topical content you can really offer your client. Remember that the primary task of your newsletters is to give answers and to help customers.
Divide all the information you want to share into several different-type e-newsletters (news, ads, triggers, informational emails, etc.).
Try to offer several e-newsletter types right in a subscription form and ask a client to choose the one they like while subscribing.
Note that you need to come up with your newsletter’s theme before collecting a mailing list. Why is it so? Because your subscription form should contain details about the email campaign topics and benefits for subscribers.
The same applies to the newsletter’s schedule: inform your client when and how often he will get your message.
As a result, follow the question — what is the best time for sending a newsletter?
The answer depends on your clients' behavior and is represented very individually. Take into account their routine rhythm of life, their working hours, and their personal habits of checking a mailbox (at work or at home).
Anyway, we advise you to test it.
But do not flood your clients with email messages on different weekdays and at different times.
Make a hypothesis and prove it or reject it.
For example, you decided to send email messages once a week on Tuesday afternoons. This is your hypothesis.
Now you need to test it and send newsletters according to a selected schedule for, let's say, a month.
This will be your little experiment.
Then, in the second month you can change; for example, change the day of the week or the newsletter sending time. And continue watching the statistics.
According to the test results you will find out the days of the week and the time when your subscribers are the most active, when they willingly read messages, and when they click the links.
Automatic trigger email messages
The only type of mailings that are not required to be scheduled is trigger mailing.
They should be customized not on the time period but on the user action.
In other words, trigger mailings are represented as reaction messages or hint messages.
All that you need is to determine is the occasion. For example, you can customize trigger email messages on the following occasions:
- A notification of a successful subscription
- Password recovery message
- An automatic email with the information about the customer order
- Reminding email message about forgotten shopping cart, etc.
The main difference between trigger email messages and periodical newsletters is the fact that triggers are sent automatically after a client makes an expected operation.
Think over the user steps, activities and operations that can be accompanied by trigger email messages – and create auto-responders.
Other useful articles
- How to send bulk emails without spamming?
- How to enable and disable web push notifications in Mozilla Firefox?
- Automatic resend to unreads
- User Access Levels
- How to send bulk emails free?
Popular in Our Blog
- 5 emails to hapiness
- Social media as a way to psychologically analyze the target audience
- Great email design for increasing the conversion rate
- A/B test for emails – 30 ideas for testing. Part 1
- How to Improve Your Mailing List