How to create a mailing list with names of the recipients
To create a mailing list you have to load your list of recipients into it.
Adding a mailing list with variables into the email service mailing list
The mailing list is a list that contains email addresses of clients/subscribers and other additional information about a client/subscriber.
The variable is a value that changes dynamically. It represents a column with corresponding information in the mailing list.
To add a list of emails into your mailing list, go to the tab “Mailing lists”.
For example, you have a list that contains not only email addresses but other information about your client (first name, last name, date of registration, type of product, country, city, telephone number, etc.).
Load this mailing list by clicking "New mailing list" and enter the title.
In our list there are several columns that are loaded into the mailing list this way, in separate columns.
Give each column a name depending on the information that is represented there.
Name of the column = a variable that will be used to substitute personal information about a client when creating an email message.
Choosing the type of variables
For a more convenient and detailed list segmentation you need to specify the type of variable while creating and sending email campaigns. There are three types of variables in the service:
Depending on the information given in the column, you choose the type of variable. For example,
- The registration date and the date of birth are “Date” variables.
- The amount of products bought and the amount of money spent are “Number” variables.
- Text information (name, city, company etc.) is a “String” variable.
Thus, by dividing variables by types, you can segment your mailing lists easily and quickly. For example, you can send emails to clients X days after the chosen date of registration.
How to add variables to the already loaded list or edit already defined variables
Let’s imagine the following; the client has changed his phone number that was specified in your mailing list. This change has to be recorded. This means that the number in your mailing list has to be replaced with the correct one. Firstly, we need to use the search tool by the mailing list to find the right client.
Then, we need to edit the already created value of the variable.
You may add a value into the column or add a new column by pressing the button “Create variable”.
Other useful articles
- Automatic resend to unreads
- Changes in the Autoresponder System
- How to Create a New Autoresponder
- How to Add Text Messages (SMS) to Autoresponders
- How to Add Web Push Notifications to Autoresponders
Popular in Our Blog
- How to build your email list
- Great email design for increasing the conversion rate
- 4 Tips from SendPulse on How to Launch an Email Campaign for Halloween
- 9 Things you must check
Before hitting the Send Button
- Create Relevant Web Push Notifications in SendPulse