Every business is out to increase engagement with its target audience by providing exciting content that appeals to their market demographic. Apart from that, companies have to continually assess how their content marketing strategies are doing within industry standards. Luckily, there are various content marketing tools that can help brands cope with these tasks. In this post, we’ll outline the top 10+ of them, but first let’s clear up some content marketing basics.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a way of organizing, developing, distributing, sharing, and publishing content to reach a brand’s target audience. This strategy enables businesses to increase brand awareness, blow up sales, connect with the market, and engage both potential and existing customers.
What is content marketing primarily used for?
Content marketing is mainly used for reaching the target market and converting leads, thereby increasing brand recognition. Other than that, content marketing helps companies to
- educate leads and potential customers about the goods and services the brand offers;
- develop strong relationships with customers;
- build customer loyalty;
- connect with the market and show customers how the company’s products or services address their challenges;
- develop a sense of community around the brand.
So now when we’re done with the basics, let’s move on to the top-rated tools you can use to get the most out of your content marketing strategy.
The list of content marketing tools
Pricing: Pro for $79/month, Plus for $139/month, Large for $239/month, and Enterprise for $499/month. A free 7-day trial is available for each plan mentioned above.
BuzzSumo is a service that helps marketers identify the topics that are trending in their industry. Moreover, it helps businesses find the right influencers in their niche to market their content to.
Among the main BuzzSumo features are the following:
- Content Discovery that can help you discover the most shared and trending content by its type, time period, social network, domain, and author;
- Content Curation that allows users to share content, find it by a specific topic, get alerts whenever a particular author publishes new content, review content shared by top influencers, and so on;
- Content Insights that let you dive deep into content analysis — run reports for particular topics, analyze content by its types, length, headlines, day published, and network;
- Content Research and Organizing that allows you to identify the most shared content within different time periods, discover the average shares on the necessary network, run detailed content research, find out which content types perform better, and many more;
- Competitor Research that can help you discover your competitors’ most shared content and those who share it, receive alerts whenever your competitors come up with new content, get reports on competitor content performance, or compare them with your content performance reports;
- Brand Monitoring that enables you to get alerts for any brand, topic, keywords, or when your competitors publish new content;
- Influencer Marketing that lets you find, analyze, and follow influencers to promote your content for free;
- Question Analyzer that can help you create content that answers the most popular questions.
Check out the variety of options available at BuzzSumo:
Pricing: Basic for free, Premium for $9.99/month, and Business for $14.99/month. Although the free plan is limited, you may clip anywhere on the internet, access one account from two devices as well as share and discuss notes with your co-workers. A free trial is available within both pricing plans.
Evernote helps marketers to brainstorm ideas for future content, make notes in any convenient format, manage projects, and collaborate with the team from wherever you are. It can be synchronized on all devices, and it is a perfect place to save all information collected from various sources.
Here are some useful Evernote’s features:
- Web Clipper that enables you to save any kind of useful information you find on the internet to your Evernote account;
- Templates that allows you to make great notes with customizable templates;
- Notes Sync that lets you take notes on the go;
- PDF and Doc Search that allows searching for information from whenever you are with the help of advanced options;
- Search Handwriting that captures all your handwritten notes;
- Document Scanning that lets you keep and use all the important papers whenever you need them.
Here’s how the process of creating a note looks like:
Pricing: Free with limited functionality, Premium Monthly at $29.95/month, Quarterly at $19.98/month, or Annually at $11.66/month.
This tool is best suited for content marketers, bloggers, and business professionals who wish to draft accurate text content. Not only the service helps you simplify your writing but also checks grammar, punctuation, spelling, plagiarism, and more. You can use it as an app or a browser extension. It can proofread content on MS Word, LinkedIn, Google Docs, Gmail, Messenger, WordPress, and a variety of other platforms.
Take a closer look at the benefits of using Grammarly for business, school, and personal purposes, and get 20% off all individual plans with an exclusive discount code.
The main features you will find on Grammarly include
- grammar, punctuation, and spelling proofreading;
- conciseness and sentence structure check;
- plagiarism check;
- vocabulary enhancement;
- writing style check;
- writing suggestions based on your audience and goals.
Take a look at a copy fragment checked with Grammarly:
Pricing: Free with limited features, Pro plan for $12.95/month or $9.95/month if you go with the annual plan. The tool also offers a free 30-day trial.
Canva is a design solution that bloggers and content marketers can use to create custom images quickly. It is ideal for individuals and businesses that don’t have knowledge of graphic design. You can choose a template from different categories including presentation, social media, poster, Facebook post, Ad, Instagram post, email header, book cover, and many more. You can print, download, or share your design on social media.
Some Canva features include
- drag and drop tool which enables you to edit templates without knowing HTML;
- creating grids and frames;
- image enhancing, cropping, and straightening;
- adding custom text to images;
- crafting static, dynamic, and interactive banners;
- heatmap to find out how users interact with your ads.
Here’s how user dashboard on Canva looks like:
Pricing: You can send up to 15,000 emails to 2,500 subscribers monthly for free. For more features and larger contact lists, prices start from $7.88/month. Alternatively, you can choose to pay as you go or select the VIP plan. If you have less than 10,000 web push subscribers, you can send them notifications for free.
SendPulse is a cloud-based multichannel marketing platform that helps you promote your content via email, SMS, push notifications, and Messenger campaigns. You don’t need to know HTML to design stunning email templates as the service offers more than 130 email templates divided into several categories. Users can personalize, segment, and automate campaign sending for better performance.
SendPulse is best suited for small businesses and internet marketers who wish to increase their online presence and nurture relationships with customers.
Here are a couple of SendPulse features:
- customizable subscription forms;
- email drag and drop editor;
- marketing automation;
- mailing list segmentation;
- A/B testing.
See an email campaign created in SendPulse drag and drop editor:
Pricing: It starts at $90/month for a team plan, $225/month for an agency plan, and $750/month for a custom plan. A 14-day trial is available within all pricing plans.
StoryChief helps B2B marketing teams and content agencies to centralize their whole content marketing process from content creation, collaboration, to content distribution. StoryChief allows you to connect with all your favorite platforms natively or through a Zapier connection.
Some of the StoryChief’s useful features include:
- content calendar that allows you to set content deadlines and schedule content to go out ahead of time;
- Campaigns feature that you can use to set up fully fledged content campaigns around a certain topic or keyword;
- collaborative workspace where you can work together with your team, add comments, revisions, or requests for approvals before your content goes out;
- Insights feature that allows you to track the performance of your content.
Here’s how the interface of StoryChief looks:
Pricing: Free with some features, Pro plan for $9.99/month, and Business plan for $49.99/month. You can also try a one-week free trial of the Pro plan.
With Design Wizard, design just gets easy. You can create impressive videos and image designs in minutes with this easy to use software. The free features of the plan allow you to resize your designs, add text and shapes to images, and create custom color palettes. The library holds over one million premium images and thousands of high-quality videos. Every video and image has also been licensed for commercial use.
Additional features on the Pro plan allows you to
- upload your own images;
- upload custom fonts;
- share directly to social media.
The Business plan gives you unlimited standard video downloads. There is also one free premium HD video included, with the ability to upload your own videos, add text to videos, and add images and logos to videos. MP4 video downloads, animated text templates, priority customer support, and an account manager are also included.
Here’s how the interface of Design Wizard looks:
Pricing: The app offers a forever free plan with 5 calculators and 500 impressions per month. And for more features and impressions you can upgrade to one of the three plans: Light at $6/month, Regular at $17/month, and Bold at $55/month. There’s also a 14-day trial to try all the premium features for free.
Calconic is a powerful web calculator builder to help you create custom calculators and add them to your website without any programming knowledge.
Use interactive calculators to simplify your product or service pricing, improve your user experience, generate leads, grow your mailing list, and do much more. Have your visitor come to your website, fill a few fields, pull a slider, and get personalized answers about your product or service price, quantity, ROI, and much more even if it depends on many conditions. There’s no need to call the consultant!
Among the key Calconic features are:
- big template library;
- easy embed to any website builder;
- lead generation forms;
- collection of orders and payments;
- email results;
- integration with Shopify checkout.
Check out the calculator created with Calconic calculator builder:
Pricing: Free plan is available. Besides, the service offers Pro plan at $99.95/month, Guru at $199.95/month, Business at $399.95/month, and Enterprise at custom pricing.
SEMrush is a content marketing tool that allows marketers to develop content according to their marketing objectives. Marketing experts can use this tool for content audit, research, distribution, and measurement of content performance. Moreover, they can leverage the provided data to make quick decisions that ensure effective business. By handling various content tasks, it allows business owners to focus on essentials such as marketing strategy and innovations.
Below are some of the features SEMrush offers:
- keyword research;
- position tracking;
- advertising research;
- competitors’ rankings;
- crawl audit tool;
- display advertising tool;
- product listing ads.
Check out how SEMrush topic research works:
Pricing: Free 14-day plan with limited functionality to help users get an idea of what the tool can do. There are also four paid plans: Pro comes at $49/month, Small at $99/month, Medium at $199/month, and Large at $299/month.
ContentStudio is a multi-use social media management software that works best for analyzing content, managing several social media networks, scheduling new posts, evaluating performance, and cooperating between marketing team members. The service offers an array of features for content discovery, publishing, organizing, analytics, and automation to assist marketers in working and cooperating.
With ContentStudio, these are the features you can access:
- social media analytics;
- content discovery;
- actionable insights;
- multiple channel creator and publisher;
- centralized content planner;
- content sharing automation.
Take a look at how ContentStudio works:
Pricing: With Outgrow, users can start with a 7-day free trial. After that, they can upgrade to one of four paid plans: Freelancer for Quizzes at $14/month, Freelancer at $25/month, Essentials at $95/month, and Business at $600/month.
Outgrow is a content marketing tool that helps business owners create calculators, customized recommendations, queries, and polls fast. This tool helps marketers identify, qualify, and engage prospects and leads effectively. For example, instead of a “Contact Me” button on a firm’s website, a “This is how much you save with us” calculator can be used.
Here are some of the Outgrow content marketing features:
- smart builder for fast creation of questions;
- formula builder;
- engaging charts and graphs;
- integrations with 1,500+ apps through Zapier.
Below is a user dashboard on Outgrow. Here you need to select a content type you want to create and get started. The service offers ready-made forms to save your time.
Pricing: Free with limited functionality, Creator for $39/month or $29/month if choosing an annual plan, Business for $79/month or $99/month if choosing an annual plan.
Wave.video makes it easy for content marketing managers to meet the soaring demand for video content. Videos serve to enhance the user experience for the majority of people who prefer watching over reading and bring SEO benefits to your site. Wave.video platform unifies online editing toolkit and cloud-based video hosting solution and allows to create and distribute videos on webpages, blogs, emails, and social media platforms. Wave.video has a very intuitive interface and offers a rich library of pre-designed templates, which makes it easy for non-designers to create professional-looking videos.
Wave.video top features include:
- access to over 400 million stock videos, images, and tunes;
- full set of editing features: trim, drag-and-drop, transitions, color control, stickers, and GIFs;
- in-place text editor with animation effects;
- ad-free video hosting with customizable player;
- ability to update videos after embedding;
- folders to organize your work.
Here’s how the interface of Wave.video looks:
Pricing: Free with limited functionality, Starter at $19/month, Premium at $49/month, Business at $149/month, and Enterprise with a custom pricing.
Lumen5 is a video creation tool meant for businesses that want to create content for boosting engagement with prospects and customers online. It enables marketers without any experience or training to quickly create captivating videos. All video solutions provided by Lumen5 are driven by artificial intelligence.
Here are the features users get when using Lumen5:
- text-to-video converter;
- automated workflow;
- media library;
- many branding options;
- optimizable video formats.
Below is a screenshot of the Lumen5 interface when creating a video story flow:
Preferred Patron Loyalty
Price: Small Biz at $99/month, Premium at $189/month, and Premium plus at $269/month. These prices are valid if you bill annually, and they are slightly higher if you proceed with monthly payments.
Preferred Patron Loyalty is a content marketing tool that enables business owners to launch their loyalty programs. It helps them create effective rewarding programs, build incentive campaigns, and support multiple channel communication on auto mode. Basically, the tool lets companies identify customers who want to purchase some goods and those who simply visit the website.
Here’s what users get from Preferred Patron Loyalty:
- assisted campaign creation;
- various promotion templates;
- advanced branding options;
- multi-channel communication ability;
- automatic program transitions;
- social media sharing options.
Below is a screenshot of a user dashboard on Preferred Patron Loyalty:
Content is an integral part of marketing strategy and business promotion. By investing in the right tools, you can effectively communicate with your target audience and achieve your goals faster. Promote your business with these content marketing tools!